THE STORY MILLIONS OF FANS HAVE BEEN WAITING TO GET THEIR HANDS ON FOR 25 LONG YEARS
The Secret History Of Twin Peaks, Mark Frost’s official Twin Peaks book formerly known as The Secret Lives of Twin Peaks, will be released by Flatiron Books on October 18, 2016 and you can pre-order the hardcover edition today for guaranteed delivery on (or maybe even before) the official release date.
From the co-creator of the landmark television series Twin Peaks comes a novel that deepens the mysteries of that iconic town in ways that not only enrich the original series but readies fans for the upcoming Showtime episodes.
- Mark Frost reads a few pages from his upcoming Twin Peaks novel
- Hunt for clues in the mysterious book teaser
- Kyle MacLachlan, Russ Tamblyn, Robert Knepper and others join the audiobook cast
- You may be able to download the audiobook for FREE!
- Scroll down for links to all formats and regional releases, plus dates and locations for Mark Frost’s book tour
304 362 pages cover what happened to some of the people of that iconic fictional town since we last saw them 25 years ago, but the timeline starts as early as the 1800s with the journals of Lewis and Clark. The 7.38″ x 9.13″ book also offers a deeper glimpse into the central mystery that was only touched on by the original series, and will include over 100 four-color illustrations and photographs. There’s a landing page over at thesecrethistoryoftwinpeaks.com, which may feature some exclusive content in the future.
A vastly layered, wide-ranging history that deepens the mysteries of the iconic town in ways that will thrill disciples of the original series, and will prep fans for the upcoming Showtime series like nothing else out there.
The UK edition by Pan MacMillan is due two days later, on October 20th, and can be ordered via Book Depository as well.
Pre-order the audio book
An Audio CD / Audiobook release containing 8 discs with an estimated total runtime of 10 hours is now available on Amazon and Book Depository (worldwide). Kyle MacLachlan, Russ Tamblyn and several other original and new Twin Peaks cast members will lend their voices!
The Secret History of Twin Peaks in foreign languages
With rights sold to various non-English speaking countries (Brazil, Bulgaria, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Portugal and Spain), several translations are in the works. Here’s what we know so far:
- Editorial Planeta is releasing the Spanish “La historia secreta de Twin Peaks” on October 18. Pre-order the hardcover or Kindle version from Amazon.es.
- A Catalan translation is also available for pre-order with free worldwide delivery and via Amazon.es.
- “Twin Peaks: Salattu Historia,” the Finnish translation by Riie Heikkilä will be published by Otava in October. Pre-order here.
- The French translation, “L’histoire secrète de Twin Peaks,” will be out October 27 and can be pre-ordered via Amazon.fr.
- The Italian “Le Vite Segrete Di Twin Peaks” is expected October/November 2016. Pre-order here.
- “Twin Peaks – Die geheime Geschichte” (German translation) will be available on November 17th. Pre-order via Amazon.
- Due a few days earlier, on November 11th, is the German audio book version (2 X MP3 CD) with about 13 hours of audio narrated by Stefan Kaminski. Pre-order via Amazon.
- A Russian translation will be published in December 2016.
- In Poland, “Sekrety Twin Peaks” will be released on November 23rd.
Mark Frost’s The Secret History of Twin Peaks international book tour
Mark Frost will be doing a promotional tour and signing books on both sides of the Atlantic.
- Barnes & Noble, Union Square, New York City on October 20
- Magers & Quinn Booksellers, Minneapolis on October 22
- The Last Bookstore, Los Angeles on October 24
- The Booksmith at the Roxie Theater, San Francisco on October 25 (tickets include the book)
- Powell’s City of Books, Portland on October 27
- Elliott Bay Book Company in Seattle on October 29
- The Omni Ballroom at the Texas Book Festival in Austin on November 6 (12:30 PM)
IMPORTANT UPDATE: The UK book tour has been postponed until 2017. Details to follow.
- Signing at Forbidden Planet Liverpool on November 14, 2016 (1 PM)
- An evening with Mark Frost at Waterstones Deansgate, Manchester (tickets) on November 14 (7 PM)
- Mark Frost at the Glasgow Film Theatre with Waterstones on November 15 (6 PM)
- Live face-to-face talk-in and Q&A at The Cluny, Newcastle (tickets include a copy) on November 16 (7 PM)
- Signing at Forbidden Planet London on November 17 (5 PM)
- Mark Frost at Waterstones on Tottenham Court Road, London, on November 17 (7 PM)
- Signing at Foyles in Bristol on November 18 (1 PM)
- Topping And Company Booksellers at Christ Church in Bath (tickets) on November 18, 2016 (8 PM)
Please check the sites of the participating book stores for additional information. More dates to be announced, including possibly Scotland and —as rumored— the UK Twin Peaks Festival in London on November 12, 2016.
The Secret History of Twin Peaks by Mark Frost book cover
Here’s the official book cover! Looks like it has a paper sleeve which unveils the owl cave symbol!
The Secret History of Twin Peaks by Mark Frost Audio Book / CD
Countdown until the book release