“He’s not here. No one is here.”
Those are Tracey Barberato’s exact words to Sam Colby while Dale Cooper is floating inside the glass box in the other room. Sam’s reply: “Really?”
Misha Melikov has done the lord’s work by syncing footage from Twin Peaks Parts 1, 2 & 3 of Dale Cooper leaving the Red Room, appearing in New York City and visiting a purple universe with the final moments of the Sam (Ben Rosenfield) and Tracey (Madeline Zima) storyline. By synchronizing these scenes, Misha reveals some striking similarities “between two worlds.”
- 6:58 – The pounding sound starts when Sam and Tracey start having intercourse (between two worlds?).
- 7:50 – Both Naido (Nae Yuuki) and Sam tell the other person to be quiet.
- 8:33 – The creature and Cooper’s stuttering movements are quite similar.
- 8:38 – The creature breaks through the glass as Cooper gets a shock from box 15.
- 8:45 – Naido mimics the creature’s head attack and we hear the same cutting sounds.
Did you spot any other correlations?
The creature appears in New York City just a few minutes after Dale Cooper disappears. Is American Girl’s (Phoebe Augustine) aggressive “mother” hot on the heels of Coop? Is there a parallel world where real world actions get mirrored? Is the eyeless Naido the magician who longs to see? And why wasn’t Cooper caught on camera?
UPDATE: Here’s another side-by-side comparison courtesy of Indenhurst.