Mr. C - rapist?

Page 2 / 2 Prev
(@chris_sampson)

I think the rape theory is too obvious.  I think something weirder has happened.  I keep thinking back to that scene in Ep 1/2 where DoppelDale did something weird to that car mechanic when he massaged his jaw and killed him.  I'd like to throw an idea into the ring that whatever he did to Diane was more mental than physical; this series has confounded our expectations so far and I think Lynch has something completely unexpected brewing as the 2nd half builds to a close.

"We're in the version layer..."

Posted : 23/06/2017 10:26 am
(@patrick-d)

Presumably, assaulting a comatose patient would generate no terror, so I'm doubting that theory.

Posted : 23/06/2017 12:44 pm natural log - E liked
(@aiuola)
Posted by: fritz

Whatever happened between Diane and Mr.C or Dale, the fact that Cole asked Diane if there is something he should know implies she hasn't told him what happened that night.

Also why would she be so angry with all the FBI  agents? does this imply she confided in someone at the FBI but they did nothing about IT or didn't believe her?

I think it's Albert who even says Diane has always been like that ("fuck you"), so I don't think it has anything to do with not being believed by them. I think she just had a strongly negative experience with Mr. C shortly after he "disappeared" in Twin Peaks and decided to get away from all the work that involved Cooper, so she could move on.

Posted : 24/06/2017 12:06 am natural log - E liked
(@kristin_r)

Regarding Diane, I was wondering if she had history with good Coop, i.e. they slept together before he left for Twin Peaks or something? And then she never saw him again or he came back as Mr. C?

But as for Mr. C as a rapist, yeah, that´s pretty obvious, but I doubt he raped Audrey, surely someone would have noticed that if she was in intensive care?

Posted : 24/06/2017 11:26 am
(@mj_gilbert)

Anyone read the "two birds with one stone" theory that good Annie had a child from her encounter with Dale before they entered the Black Lodge (Linda), and that Mr. C's rape of Audry in the hospital resulted in Richard? There is a gruesome elegance to this theory.

I think it makes sense that Mr. C did something awful to each of the women Dale cared about. I suspect we will discover that Annie is dead, under unpleasant circumstances (although the timing, if she is Linda's mother, will take some explaining). This might also give Norma an actual reason to be in the show (beyond nostalgia), since, as Annie's sister, it makes sense that she would have raised the baby.

I AM the FBI.

Posted : 24/06/2017 12:37 pm
(@natural-log-e)
Posted by: MJ Gilbert

Yes, and in explaining this to someone else, they actually started to understand the storyline better; their response was that this theory started to make sense of things. So whether this is true, it at least brings some narrative arc and gravitas to the flow from the old to the new.

What you say about Norma raising the baby really strikes a chord, too. Consider, Nadine's sole appearance thus far, she is listed in the credits as "Nadine Hurley;" while Norma has very explicitly kept the surname "Jennings." She and Big Ed never got married, so what has she been up to aside from an impossibly large amount of diner paperwork?

Your Laura disappeared. There's just me now.

This has been a message...from the LOG.

Posted : 24/06/2017 1:03 pm
(@myn0k)

I really don't subscribe to the bad coop raping Diane theory. For two reasons:

1 - it was obvious she was testing him about their last encounter. His response was the wrong one.

2 - she said "who are you?" to him. She's in shock about how this is obviously not the real Coop and she cannot understand how this can be. His behavior is new to her.

To me, the obvious thing is that Diane fell out with the FBI for whatever reason that isn't too important in the grand scheme of things. I read earlier a post someone wrote about how she is clearly a broken woman because she is having sordid affairs. I found this insulting - a grown, single woman can sleep with whomever she wishes without having to have been raped beforehand as a reason for doing so.

Common sense!

Of course, I could be totally wrong at which point when we find out, please reply to this message once we find out and give me a good rollicking.

Posted : 24/06/2017 1:49 pm natural log - E liked
(@krhekowski)

Here's a few of my ideas about the whole thing

About the "last night" thing:

Assuming Evil Cooper wants to take advantage of good Coopers identity, a good way to do that would be listening to his audio diary. Since it's addressed to Diane, it's likely Dale talked about his visit to her house. It's even possible he had her photo lying around in his room at The Great Northern.

Mr. C wants to be let out, he doesn't threaten Diane, he tries to lie himself out of that prison. Diane notices that something is wrong instantly though, she's not Janey-E.

About the trauma thing:

Imagine your friend leaving you without a word. Rumors go around that he has a sweet life in Rio now.

Now after many years, you find out your close friend was probably dead for a long time. Since there is this obvious psycho involved, it was possibly horrific.

Diane's empathy alone makes this experience traumatic.

Diane still has FBI connections:

Mr. C turned from a wild and animalistic Bob, to a cold and calculated psycho with a grand plan in motion. If he met with Diane (because of her involvement in the Blue Rose cases),  why keep her alive? He killed Darya as a precaution, why let Diane live?

No idea if this aligns with Twin Peaks logic though.

"Twin Peaks has already tackled subjects like this"

Yes, but always in a subtle and sensitive way. The Diane storyline already had a lot of comedy in it. It just wouldn't fit: "Here's that character you wanted to see! Isn't she crazy? By the way, she's been horribly abused"

About her bitterness towards the FBI:

I just think that's the way she operates - it works perfectly for Albert

Also a great way to play with people's expectations. We expect a nice, calm person, but we get a swearing alcoholic instead.

If it wasn't Evil Cooper, what did Dale and Diane meet up for?

Probably wasn't any romantic reasons (as implied in the first episode of season 2)

We know Cooper was deep in the Teresa Banks case, and two agents involved in her case (Phillip Jeffries indirectly) went missing. Were Dale and Diane afraid about their own safety? Did Cooper went there to say goodbye?

If Bob is all about causing pain, I'm not sure a comatosed Audrey was the best target.

But I think Evil Cooper has to do something horrible, that feels more personal. This one would fit.

Posted : 24/06/2017 9:01 pm Caio Rocha liked