OFF TOPIC: An idea

Page 2 / 2
Posted by: Lynn Watson
Posted by: SamXTherapy
Posted by: Pieter Dom

Thanks for the suggestion and encouragement, everyone! Here you go...

Thank you so much!  May all your doughnuts turn out like Fanny's.

I really suggest you Google the above phrase.

You've just reminded me to have a 'chat' with my 13 year old son who is going to the US next week & clarify that they have different names for some parts of anatomy over there.

I wouldn't want an international incident!   🙂

Indeed.  Fancy calling the little finger a "pinky".  Yes, I know it's of Scottish origin.  🙂

Posted : 30/06/2017 12:23 pm
(@jocelyn)

It is a great idea. I can't  keep up with you guys, though. Soon, I will have read every post on this forum, from one end of it to the other. So that's how I know I can't keep up hehe. But it is all very interesting.

Posted : 30/06/2017 3:24 pm
Posted by: Jocelyn Rowe

That's ok, it ain't a race.  There are some real obsessive superfans who can most likely help out with any questions, and Pieter, the site owner, is a decent, approachable guy.  In fact, he's one of the obsessive superfans I mentioned.

Posted : 30/06/2017 4:01 pm
(@pieter)
RR Diner Patron Admin

Thanks, Sam!

I've just disabled subscription confirmations via e-mail and expanded the sidebar to show 10 recent posts, per suggestions by a fellow forum member, Nikolaj.

Everyone still in favor of the general S3 discussion forum? I'm just worried people will start (double)posting Part-specific topics there.

This is the water and this is the well. Drink full and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.

Posted : 20/07/2017 11:03 am

I liked the idea of a general S3 discussion forum but I understand your concern.

The current setup is yrev very good for picking out specific information and a general one may make it difficult to find stuff, as well as doubling the post count for no real gain.

I confess I wouldn't know what to do for the best; I like the way things are but there are times when a discussion needs to be over a wider scope

Posted : 20/07/2017 12:57 pm
(@ruskinowl)

Yes, I think a general season 3 area is a good move.

Posted : 20/07/2017 1:19 pm
(@lynn_watson)

It's getting a bit tricky when you go back to episode 5, for example. and answer a comment...   but you're not sure how much you knew at that point & don't want to spoil things!

I think something for themes which run throughout the whole series is handy - but warn folk before they venture in, in case there's spoilers.  You obviously don't know something's a theme if you've only seen 1 example.

Posted : 20/07/2017 2:43 pm
Posted by: Pieter Dom

Thanks, Sam!

We wouldn't want doppelganger postings, we all know what trouble that can bring.

Posted : 21/07/2017 10:09 pm