The Mystery of Twin Peaks SOLVED

(@luuk)
I can't believe this hasn't made it here yet. I couldn't find it, anyway. On 20th Oct the YouTube channel Twin Perfect managed to do the impossible: after almost 30 years, the mystery of Twin Peaks has been SOLVED. The Mother of All Theories was published in an amazing 4,5 hour video, which presents a key that will unlock pretty much all the lingering questions.

Why does the Log Lady flicker the light switch at the town hall? Why is Dr. Jacoby wearing red-blue glasses? What does the white/pale horse represent? Why does Chet Desmond disappear after finding the ring? How is it possible for Cooper to remain on the hallway monitor when he's no longer there as Philip Jeffries arrives? What the hell happens in season 3 episode 8? Why is the Giant called Fireman now? What's the meaning of the Monica Bellucci scene? Where's Audrey? Who's Judy? All of these questions, and many, many more are answered.

The only problem? Twin Peaks is ALL ABOUT the mystery. Getting answers has never been the point, quite the opposite. And the key to it all also revolves around this fact. So simply put, watching this video will RUIN the mystery for you. Nevertheless, after watching, I find myself respecting Lynch even more than before, if possible.

Proceed at your peril. You have been warned:

This topic was modified 3 weeks ago by Arttu Haglund
Posted : 30/10/2019 4:02 pm
(@b-randy)
Chief Moderator

I've been debating whether I want to watch this or not.

Posted : 31/10/2019 12:14 pm
(@brian-hardin-ii)
Posted by: Brandy Fisher

I've been debating whether I want to watch this or not.

I'm about 30 minutes in.  I'll tell you, this guy knows his stuff.

It took him about 2 years to research and create this video.

That said, all it is is HIS interpretation.  Yes, he is pulling from a lot of different sources, and from what I've watched so far, it IS making sense and has revealed some things to me that I've not considered, but at the end of it all, it is still just his interpretation.

I'll watch it all as I find time.

Posted : 31/10/2019 1:07 pm
(@b-randy)
Chief Moderator
Posted by: Brian Hardin II
Posted by: Brandy Fisher

I've been debating whether I want to watch this or not.

I'm about 30 minutes in.  I'll tell you, this guy knows his stuff.

It took him about 2 years to research and create this video.

I'll watch it all as I find time.

So you recommend?

Posted : 01/11/2019 12:14 pm
(@brian-hardin-ii)

yeah,  I don't think it's going to spoil anything mainly because it's his interpretation.

It all makes sense, and he obviously has put a lot of research into it.

It gets into a lot of META and presents the solving of clues (one I'll give here as an example is that David Lynch, the Director of Fire Walk With Me also plays Gordon Cole, the Director of the FBI).  Stuff like that, it's hard to refute because the host draws lines that make sense.  The entire viewing is like this, but again, I don't think it's going to spoil anything for you.

If anything, it may very well encourage you to rewatch (again) from Season 1 and see how well his research pans out.

Posted : 01/11/2019 4:16 pm
(@luuk)
Posted by: Brian Hardin II

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Of course any theory is the theorist's interpretation. What wouldn't be? An official statement from David Lynch?

I feel very strongly that this is more or less what Lynch had in mind when crafting Twin Peaks. Even though Lynch has mentioned things like "correct interpretation" and so, he's never going to officially state anything one way or the other. However, there are too many things that seem to fit perfectly to overlook what this video has to say. For me, it definitely solved and, thus, spoiled the mystery of Twin Peaks.

I would agree that part of me wants to watch the series again now, just to see how it all fits together, or are there radical inconsistencies. With the exception of the latter half of season 2, I don't think so.

Posted : 01/11/2019 5:12 pm
(@carnifex)

I've listened to the entire program,   if you accept that much of the third series was Lynch striking back at those that forced him to reveal the killer,   it makes much sense.        When Lynch himself debunks lots of in-depth theories,   saying often that people are making too much of certain elements,   it only makes this premise even more viable.

Posted : 02/11/2019 10:15 am
(@zombienomicon_r)

I watched this and found a lot of it persuasive. I think he correctly indentified that although Lynch always says everyone's opinion on his work is valid, ie you can own your own interpretation he does also say that there is a real story and a real "meaning" to be found. It's just that Lynch doesn't seem to mind if you DON'T find it.

The discussion of wavelengths etc. caused this piece of synchronicity when I found this:

"The Outer Monstrosities are a race of astral, aetherial, nebulous, predatory psychic forces and intelligences, made from different states of matter than that which humans are familiar with, which swim the eerie "Outer Circle" beyond the Earth, occasionally plunging down into the depths of Earth's more familiar material world, through weaknesses in Earth's psychic defenses, to sate their alien lusts and hungers for psychic human entity."

ELECTRIC PENTACLE can protect against them because their energy, electromagnetic in nature is channelled and can be blocked or conducted elsewhere.

This is very much like that part of the thesis is Twin Peaks SOLVED. And Carnacki stories were once more popular than they are now, and could well have informed David Lynch during his formative years. It seems as though they may well have. BOB is a close match indeed to an Outer Monstrosity.

Posted : 04/11/2019 6:07 pm
(@b-randy)
Chief Moderator
Posted by: Brian Hardin II

It all makes sense, and he obviously has put a lot of research into it.

Less worried about "spoiling" anything than I am about wasting 4.5 hours of my life of some B.S.   🙂

Posted : 04/11/2019 6:18 pm
(@brian-hardin-ii)
Posted by: Brandy Fisher
Posted by: Brian Hardin II

It all makes sense, and he obviously has put a lot of research into it.

Nah, it's enjoyable.  Originally I was going to watch it in chunks but I got drawn in and watched it all in one go.  That said, there are "breaks/chapters" every so often.  I think the 1st one is about an hour in.

Posted : 05/11/2019 9:56 am
(@zombienomicon_r)
Posted by: Brian Hardin II
Posted by: Brandy Fisher
Posted by: Brian Hardin II

It all makes sense, and he obviously has put a lot of research into it.

I got an error last time I tried to post by the way, think it was error 2253.

I enjoy long video productions because I listen to them whilst I work during the day and to go to sleep to at night.

If anything this one could have been longer, or a long series of productions in a series. It's very well done in terms of keeping all the thematically linked material together within sections too, rather than jumping around.

Infinitely preferable to the awful "ten things you never knew about Twin Peaks" type clueless stuff.

Posted : 05/11/2019 3:55 pm