Richard's accident

Page 2 / 2 Prev
(@tropical-e)

I wonder if the lead up scene to the accident, when a woman and a boy were playing catch up, was a pun intended on the old tomato joke.

(There were two tomatoes crossing the road. The first one didn't have any problems about it, all went fine, but the second one got run over by a car. Then the first said to the second, "Come on, catch up!")

Lynch has been keen on intertextual references this season, and Mia Vallace did tell some version of this joke on Pulp Fiction, too.

Posted : 14/06/2017 5:40 am ella liked
(@nikolaj_nielsen)

I found the bystanders reactions extremely weird and unsettling. I don't think it can be explained by bad acting, as some do here, it must be something else. The reactions was immensely understated - I mean, who the hell just face palms when a child is being run over and dies? This has to have some kind of significance, if nothing else, then maybe a comment from Lynch to our days superficial society.

Posted : 14/06/2017 6:43 am Häxan L. MorningStar liked
(@death-bag)

Let's not forget a similar event in Laura's Diary where she's driving a truck  coked out and reading a Flesh Word

(earlier her cat was killed in a hit and run)

. . . we're not gonna talk about Judy . .

Posted : 14/06/2017 11:07 am Häxan L. MorningStar liked
(@haxan_l_morningstar)

Nikolaj Nielsen: I thought that too - it's not the reaction per se, that felt like bad acting to me. It's the movement. Both when that actors waved his hand to signal the mother to pass and when he face-palms, it felt like he was thinking about the action ("ok, now I wave my hand", "ok, now I'll put my hand on my face") instead of a genuine reaction, and the same goes for some of the other bystanders.

However, the more I think about it, the more it seem possible that they were doing something like a "silent version" of the greek choir, which could justify the extremely wooden acting.

I have the fury of my own momentum

Posted : 14/06/2017 5:00 pm ella and Nikolaj Nielsen liked
(@tibiusreynolds)

Miriam does leave big tips -- way too big for a school teacher. She's getting money from somewhere. I bet she recognized Richard Horne because she's involved in the drug trade.

Posted : 15/06/2017 5:27 pm
(@mariano_rubio)
Posted by: TibiusReynolds

That was my thought. The look she gave him was more of a "Fucking kid, you're fucking up business" rather than "omg, you killed a child you bastard". I keep wanting to hear Red saying "You can pick up the rest of the dope from Miriam's" but I think he says Mary Ann's.

FIRE TWERK WITH ME

Posted : 15/06/2017 5:50 pm
Posted by: Dougie Jones
Posted by: TibiusReynolds

Another here said "Damn, I thought he said Mary Ann as well. But in the RR scene I thought they called the woman Mary Ann too, but then saw no Mary Ann in the credits and I guess I might have stretched it into believing I heard Miriam."
 There is zero evidence Miriam is involved in the drug trade. Babbling away at Heidi, she seems like a lonely person who tips too much to show extra appreciation.

Posted : 16/06/2017 4:20 am
(@mariano_rubio)
Posted by: Karen
Posted by: Dougie Jones
Posted by: TibiusReynolds

Those comments are from me haha. There is 0 evidence, but still...

1497612650-milieve.jpg

FIRE TWERK WITH ME

Posted : 16/06/2017 7:30 am Sarah Collier liked
(@death-bag)
Posted by: Dougie Jones
Posted by: Karen
Posted by: Dougie Jones
Posted by: TibiusReynolds

Those comments are from me haha. There is 0 evidence, but still...

1497612650-milieve.jpg

Well, there's plenty of evidence that Miriam is the Double Rs best pie customer

. . . we're not gonna talk about Judy . .

Posted : 16/06/2017 3:10 pm