Who is Mr. Strawberry?

(@mj_gilbert)

...and why does Dark Dale's mention of him fill that warden with such terror?

Speculations?

I AM the FBI.

Posted : 05/06/2017 1:00 am titwillo liked
(@pieter)
RR Diner Patron Admin

My guess is that only the warden knows what that is about, and Mr. C is just teasing him with a dark secret.

This is the water and this is the well. Drink full and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.

Posted : 05/06/2017 1:13 am Benjamín Ickíes, Steve McKay, titwillo and 2 people liked
(@maddeningstars)

No joke, my first thought was that it was the name of the warden's dog or something.  It's probably a tad more complicated than that, though.

It all returns to nothing...

Posted : 05/06/2017 1:40 am ella liked
(@van_der_waal)

It could be a childhood dog or something... BOB is inside Mr C and I've always thought that BOB's possession of Leland was very much like the Catholic idea of demonic possession.  Specifically, that the Demon being exorcized often reveals some dark painful secret to the exorcist to shake their faith/ability to perform the exorcism.  BOB did it to Cooper through Leland palmer when Leland was in jail before killing himself.  That scene was very much like an exorcism in the old series and it seems like this happens when BOB's host's are put behind bars

Posted : 05/06/2017 12:36 pm Steve McKay and titwillo liked
(@lorenzo_monti)

What about the dog's leg which was found in Evil Coop's car?! :O

Posted : 06/06/2017 2:30 am Aaron C. Wade, Cameron Hughes and ella liked
 ella
(@ella)

Yes, exactly I thought the same!

Also, Coop/Bob says something like " He cannot speak" which could mean that he's dog or he's dead. Very possible he killed the warden's dog hence dog's leg in his car.

Posted : 06/06/2017 4:27 am Lorenzo Monti liked
(@kuzpo)

The dog theory is interesting, thanks!

My first thought when I heard the name "Mr. Strawberry" was, "well that's a perfect alias for an uber-rich mob boss in a Lynch movie".

Harry, I really have to urinate.

Posted : 07/06/2017 2:36 am Aaron C. Wade liked
(@mj_gilbert)

Watching part 5 for the 8th or so time.

A random thought, watching the warden's horrified reaction.

Mr. Strawberry is his child's favorite stuffed toy.

A horrifying threat.

"Mr. strawberry is not taking calls".

I AM the FBI.

Posted : 08/06/2017 10:59 pm Ash Neuro liked
(@oyster_bells)
Posted by: MJ Gilbert

Watching part 5 for the 8th or so time.

A random thought, watching the warden's horrified reaction.

Mr. Strawberry is his child's favorite stuffed toy.

A horrifying threat.

"Mr. strawberry is not taking calls".

Oh nooooo..., 8's too manyy....

I hear American Gods' pretty good.  😜

"Dougie, who do you prefer now, me or that Jade?"
"Jade."
"No, no, Dougie! Jade. Or. Me?"
"Me."
"Okay, once again. Jade. Or. Janey-E?"
"E."

Posted : 09/06/2017 1:11 am
(@haxan_l_morningstar)

I like the "child favorite stuffed toy". It's most likely something along those lines - dog, cat, something related to the warden's family.

One of the best things about that scene, though, is that it's a perfect example of "treating your audience with respect".  Even if is never explained who or what Mr. Strawberry really is, we already know everything we need (it's something threatening enough to really scare the warden, on a personal level) and we're free to fill up the blanks however we like. It's not spoonfed "here, you need a reaction shot to understand it and take some expositional dialogue too, for good measure".

I have the fury of my own momentum

Posted : 09/06/2017 5:11 am Micah Sam liked
(@flimmervielfalt)

Mister Strawberry grows Next to the Blue Rose.

Posted : 10/06/2017 6:17 am
(@andrew_wilbur)
  1. Well not to sound too dark but in my opinion the warden has knowledge of or is a part of taking people hostage and removing their limbs. I think it was mentioned that the dogs other legs were with different parties and it made me think...a human with no limbs covered in blood would resemble..a... strawberry.
Posted : 29/06/2017 2:11 am
(@nicholas_meyler)

I got the impression that Mr. Strawberry is the dwarf assassin.  He's covered in blood (red) and small...  He gets his hit orders with a red sealed mark on them...

Posted : 29/06/2017 2:18 am