So If Twin Peaks is Capital "A" Art and Only Lynch Knows Its True Meaning....

Page 1 / 2
(@ric_bissell)

... are 90-95% of the posts here merely mental masturbation?  😐

- /< /\ /> -

P.S.  I really hesitated putting this topic up.  Sorry in advance if it offends anyone.  😉

That's strange - even for Cooper

Posted : 08/09/2017 1:49 pm
(@b-randy)
Chief Moderator
Posted by: Ric Bissell

... are 90-95% of the posts here merely mental masturbation?  😐

- /< /\ /> -

Lol, at first glance I thought you said menstrual masturbation and I had to do a serious double-take before I tore into that comment.  Maybe everybody is right and it's time to get glasses.

But yes, I think it very much is what you said.

For me, it is also looking to others to see if they have any information that I lack; did they notice something I overlooked, do they know the references that I don't know, what was that sound?

But other than that, yeah, we're all just trying to find some release at this point. We spent 16 weeks theorizing and debating and thinking we had a chance in hell of predicting or understanding. To be perfectly vulgar, I think most of us have cognitive blue balls.

Posted : 08/09/2017 1:53 pm
(@myn0k)

Oh well. That's life. Load of ol wank!

😉

Posted : 08/09/2017 1:57 pm
(@ric_bissell)
Hi Brandy,

Posted by: Brandy Fisher
Posted by: Ric Bissell

... are 90-95% of the posts here merely mental masturbation?  😐

Ew.  I don't even want to think about that.  >:-p

But, then again, I'm not a woman.

But yes, I think it very much is what you said.

Or green gloves.  😉

- /< /\ /> -

That's strange - even for Cooper

Posted : 08/09/2017 1:59 pm
(@b-randy)
Chief Moderator

Or green gloves.....

Posted : 08/09/2017 1:59 pm
(@ric_bissell)
Posted by: Myn0k

Oh well. That's life. Load of ol wank!

😉

Hi Mynok,

Hey!  I'm not judging!  Like Woody Allen once said:

Don't knock masturbation... it's sex with someone you love.

😉

- /< /\ /> -

That's strange - even for Cooper

Posted : 08/09/2017 2:02 pm
SamXTherapy, Myn0k, Brandy Fisher and 1 people liked
(@caoimhin)
Posted by: Ric Bissell

... are 90-95% of the posts here merely mental masturbation?  😐

- /< /\ /> -

I think folks are not only trying to solve the Lynch/Frost mystery but are also questioning the fundamental nature of reality and what the "I" in (I)dentity is (or perhaps I give too much credit to artist and audience ?).

Posted : 08/09/2017 2:03 pm
(@ric_bissell)
Posted by: Brandy Fisher

Or green gloves.....

Great minds think alike.  And idiots seldom differ.  😉

- /< /\ /> -

That's strange - even for Cooper

Posted : 08/09/2017 2:04 pm

No offense taken, mate.

It's an interesting point but one I don't agree with.  The "Art" bit, at least.  I said in another post that art or Art, if you prefer, isn't something that can be defined in any useful, objective way.

There may be some Art in TP, in the same way as there are some Christians in the Church of England but I think the primary intent was to provide some interesting telly.  Genre stretching, ground breaking telly, for sure.  That doesn't mean it can't be Art, either.  In all honesty, I have no idea and nor does anyone else.

The implication we're all a bunch of wankers is something that could be true, though. 😉

Posted : 08/09/2017 2:21 pm
Jocelyn Rowe, Ric Bissell, Myn0k and 1 people liked
(@badalamenti-fan)
Posted by: Ric Bissell

... are 90-95% of the posts here merely mental masturbation?  😐

- /< /\ /> -

... Well, if the 90% of posters expect/expected to figure out the definitive explanation/crack the case, and be recognized by all of the forum participants as the one who-- thank heavens!-- solved the mystery (as I sense many seem to wish...) then, yes, I think that's so much virtual, public onanism.

Lynch and Frost showed us  by part  8, IMO, that this was something bigger than careful viewing and clue collection could "solve."

That said, the din of anger from many quarters in the part 17/18 forum would suggest that the "consciousness raising" potential of wrestling with a  "mystery bigger than its genre or medium" has not been very well received...

I don't mean to sound conceited, but I enjoyed the heck out of it for reasons I sense are different than those of others.  Believe me,  I'm upset about the ending, but more because of the psychological weight of it -- it's so bleak(!) -- than because I expected that my predictions would be fulfilled. As such, I'm not at all interested in the many efforts here at "cracking the case" ...  "Cracking" is for jokes, sudoku, videogames, safes and cryptography,  all of which Lynch's "psychic puzzle boxes" are not ...  IMO

But it's certainly not the first time we've seen this, right?  Sopranos, Lost, etc. etc.

Posted : 08/09/2017 2:21 pm
IVOR BIGGUN
"The Winker's Song"

My mother said,
That I never should,
Play with the naughty rude girls in the wood.

Their giggling talk,
I could never understand,
And that's why I fell in love with my right hand.

And that's why,

[Chorus:]
I'm a wanker,
I'm a wanker,
And it does me good like it bloody well should
I'm a wanker,
I'm a wanker,
And I'm always pulling my pud.

I was twenty five years old before I was kissed,
And then I found that I preferred a swift one off the wrist.
It's cheap and convenient,
You can't catch VD,
It's available at any time,
And it's absolutely free.

And that's why,

[Chorus]

Oh Mrs. Palm and your five lovely daughters,
Thank you for having me and being oh so kind,
I've got pains in my arms,
And my dong is growing shorter,
My knees have turned to water,
And I think I'm going blind.

I've wanked over Italy,
I've wanked over Spain,
I've wanked in an omnibus,
I've even had a wank in a train.

I've used a badger and a melon and a cat,
An inflatable Linda Lovelace and a Davy Crocket hat,

And that's why,

[Chorus]

'Ere listen!

Oh Mrs Palm and your five lovely daughters,
Thank you for having me and being oh so kind,
I've got pains in my arms,
And my dong is getting shorter,
My knees have turned to water,
And I think I'm going blind.

[Chorus 6x]

I'm a wanker!
I'm a wanker!
It does me good!
I'm a wanker!
I'm always pulling me pud!
I'm a wanker!
I'm a wanker!

Posted : 08/09/2017 2:23 pm
(@b-randy)
Chief Moderator

AHAHAHAHAH OMG BETTER THAN THE SHAKE & VAC!

Posted : 08/09/2017 2:26 pm
Posted by: Brandy Fisher

AHAHAHAHAH OMG BETTER THAN THE SHAKE & VAC!

The Wanker's Song

Posted : 08/09/2017 2:31 pm
(@ric_bissell)
Hi Sam,

Posted by: SamXTherapy

No offense taken, mate.

Mission accomplished!!  In spades.  Kinda like Mr. C's ace.  😉

Truer words were never spoken.

There are two kinds of people:  those that admit they masturbate, and liars.  😉

- /< /\ /> -

That's strange - even for Cooper

Posted : 08/09/2017 2:40 pm
(@teo-peaks)

If it's capital "A" Art, that means even Lynch doesn't know its true meaning.

Posted : 08/09/2017 2:59 pm