What about Monica Bellucci?

(@jorge_teves)

I know the dream is important to remember Phillip Jeffries... but why is Bellucci at the dream? xd

Posted : 15/08/2017 1:05 am
(@tropical-e)

Did anyone else find Bellucci's conjoined fingers after line "we all had coffee" resemblant of the ring's owl logo?

Posted : 15/08/2017 1:11 am
(@ranmacmh)

I think Albert's "Oh brother," reaction tells us why. XD

And yeah, I felt like my eyes were crossing with all the fingers at the bottom of the frame, I'll have to look again to see if she was making the symbol.

Posted : 15/08/2017 1:38 am
(@tropical-e)

Could be a little far fetched, but on the other hand I don't think Lynch makes his hints blatantly obvious either

Posted : 15/08/2017 3:21 am
(@tropical-e)

I thought I'd seen something similar when Bellucci twirled his finger around the coffee cup, and uttered the phrase "we're like the dreamer who dreams, and then lives inside the dream."

Some similarities to the infamous Audrey's RR scene!

Around the 2:02 mark and afterwards the remark about the music being too dreamy.

Posted : 15/08/2017 4:17 am
(@chris_sampson)
Posted by: Jorge Teves

Why Bellucci?  I can only assume that Isabelle Adjani wasn't available...

"We're in the version layer..."

Posted : 15/08/2017 4:39 am
(@nikolaj_nielsen)
Posted by: Chris Sampson
Posted by: Jorge Teves

Why Bellucci?  I can only assume that Isabelle Adjani wasn't available...

Why not Belluci? 😉

Posted : 15/08/2017 5:34 am
(@aaron_c_wade)

Why Bellucci? Because Gordon Cole (and I think David Lynch) loves being in the presence of gorgeous women and will make any and all excuse to share a scene with them.

Posted : 15/08/2017 7:07 am
(@my-dharma-is-the-road)

I read it was going to be Laura Harring but her agent told her to hold out for a bigger role. So Lynch went off and got Monica Bellucci instead.

Posted : 15/08/2017 7:21 am
(@joni_kelly)

Anyone got a better screen grab of the Monica belluci hand gesture? I'm thinking it's a mudra(hand gestures used for meditation in yoga, different gestures for different things) want to figure it out. Also I would think it emonica belluci because she's a powerful symbol of female power and sexuality in an episode that seems to delve quite deeply into several different aspects of the female archetype

Posted : 15/08/2017 1:16 pm
(@b-randy)
Chief Moderator
Posted by: TrooppinenElli

Some similarities to the infamous Audrey's RR scene!

Wow, good catch.  That is freakishly similar.

And I'm with Nikolaj on this one, why NOT Monica Bellucci although I thought it particularly odd that he didn't just create a character or use a previous character and instead used a "real" person. Could the "real" person in the dream be indicative of the dream theories?

Posted : 15/08/2017 3:23 pm