Charlie's Desk

(@ranmacmh)

Did anyone else find it odd how old timey Charlie's desk was?  He's got loads of paperwork to do, as he pointed out.  Apparently none of it can be done on the computer?  He has a rolodex of all things.  He calls Tina on a rotary phone.

This stood out to me after a second viewing because Twin Peaks is so up to date tech wise.  The sheriff's station is tricked out with all the monitors and Truman's cool hidden desk computer.  Everyone has cell phones.

I don't have any theories about this, just a detail I haven't seen anyone mention yet.  Any ideas?

Posted : 06/08/2017 2:14 am
(@myn0k)

Hi Christen, there's an interesting discussion here about that, worth looking:

Twin Peaks & David Lynch Discussion Forums

Posted : 06/08/2017 2:30 am
(@ranmacmh)
Posted by: Myn0k

Hi Christen, there's an interesting discussion here about that, worth looking:

Twin Peaks & David Lynch Discussion Forums

Thank you!  I think I visited that thread earlier before they got to talking about the desk.

Interesting theory.  I think it's got a lot going for it, but I don't know if it pans out if the Billy they are looking for is the Billy that apparently disappeared a couple episodes ago when that guy ran into the diner?

Now I have to go rewatch the scene for the hourglass too.

Posted : 06/08/2017 2:48 am Myn0k liked
(@myn0k)

The entire scene is an enigma  🙂

Given the name of tonight's episode, I presume we'll get some more answers.

Posted : 06/08/2017 3:40 am
(@jeffery_m_thompson)

Or more questions.

Posted : 06/08/2017 11:57 am Myn0k liked
(@ranmacmh)
Posted by: Jeffery M. Thompson

Or more questions.

90% more likely, yes.

About to watch an episode of Twin Peaks the Return :"Ooh what an interesting title!  This episode is probably going to be about-"

The actual episode : "Nope."

Posted : 06/08/2017 4:58 pm Myn0k liked