Charlie

Page 1 / 3 Next
(@natural-log-e)

OK, so, for me, Audrey's first scene was very mysterious. After rewatching the episode a second time, I feel very strongly that that man cannot truly be Audrey's husband. Something else has to be happening. I feel awful that I have these feelings about it, and I've said this elsewhere, but honestly Audrey would not be so open-minded as to marry a little person unless something else was happening. This is the most WTF thing that has happened IMHO this series. Is Charlie really Audrey's husband?

Your Laura disappeared. There's just me now.

This has been a message...from the LOG.

Posted : 31/07/2017 12:29 am laughingatsky liked

As I mentioned elsewhere, he responds to her "you'd break our contract?" This is some kind of arrangement marriage, I have doubts she ever loved this guy.

Posted : 31/07/2017 12:36 am laughingatsky, Annie Blackburn, Mr Jackpots and 1 people liked
(@natural-log-e)

OK, thanks. Yes, I saw your comment elsewhere too; this is just really irking me.

Did anyone else notice that she's not wearing a wedding ring at all?

Your Laura disappeared. There's just me now.

This has been a message...from the LOG.

Posted : 31/07/2017 12:43 am Kris Anne Kallies and Angie Higgins Lott liked
(@monique)

Clearly there's a lot more to this situation. One take away for me was seeing a very determined + spirited Audrey, true to the young woman of 25 years ago. Promising.

Posted : 31/07/2017 12:45 am Badalamenti Fan, Sotore888, Annie Blackburn and 2 people liked
(@natural-log-e)
Posted by: Monique Prior

Agreed wholeheartedly. Certain moments really rekindled the Audrey character. It was like having them all served up at once; she reminded me of the scenes in One Eyed Jacks Audrey.

Your Laura disappeared. There's just me now.

This has been a message...from the LOG.

Posted : 31/07/2017 12:49 am Annie Blackburn, subjectivedes and Monique Prior liked
(@pynchjan)

Second that. Audrey seems in line with her teenage self & Fenn's challenging performance was very good. The unsaid content of the phone conversation is like a Rorschach of our/spectator's engagement, expectations, inference-making, desires. Ugly and magnificent.

Posted : 31/07/2017 3:43 am Badalamenti Fan, Michele B Witkowski and subjectivedes liked
(@kuzpo)
Posted by: natural log - E

Did anyone else notice that she's not wearing a wedding ring at all?

She's not the only one in this season. For example, ever since Shelly was credited as just "Shelly" without a last name in Part 2, I've paid extra attention to each character's ring finger. Steven's not wearing a ring either - while Becky is, and they've been confirmed as a married couple (Seriously though, wtf - first Amanda Seyfried, then Alicia Witt? How does he do it??)

Hmm. I just realized Janey-E has not mentioned Dougie's missing wedding ring. Which we have seen, though. As having been dug out of another guy's stomach.

Harry, I really have to urinate.

Posted : 31/07/2017 7:49 am Pantstrovich, Kris Anne Kallies, Maurice Dumont and 2 people liked
(@fishinthepercolator)

Personally I found Audrey deeply changed and she kinda reminded me of Catherine Martell, with all those schemes, contracts, rights. Even the relationship with the husband had some Catherine-Pete vibe.

Posted : 31/07/2017 9:08 am Marian Rubey, Christen Phillips, Badalamenti Fan and 9 people liked
(@jane_finn)

Not to sound like a jerk, but just to clarify,Clark Middleton who plays Charlie is not a little person. He suffered from juvenile rheumatoid arthritis beginning at age 4 and as a result it has affected his growth.

Also, does anyone else think Charlie could be the man in the photo Tammy showed of Mr. C. in the penthouse?

Posted : 31/07/2017 5:17 pm cyndeewillow, Claire Driver, Badalamenti Fan and 2 people liked
(@devaneyfan)
Posted by: Jane Finn

Posted : 31/07/2017 5:18 pm
(@charlie)

Interesting enough Charlie and Audrey are both played by 5'4" actors/actresses.  The view of the filming obscures that.  On purpose?

Posted : 31/07/2017 5:26 pm Lynn Watson, Badalamenti Fan and James M Sweeney liked
(@pantstrovich)
Posted by: Jane Finn

That just means he doesn't have dwarfism. Some people who had things like brittle bone disease stunt their growth still consider themselves "little people," because they go through a lot of the same struggles.

Anyway, I've got no idea how the actor refers to himself. Maybe you do, which is why you mentioned it.

As for if he's the guy in the photo, I've just had a look, and maybe. We only got a look at him from the front, and the guy in the photo from the side, so it's hard to say.

Posted : 31/07/2017 7:29 pm Badalamenti Fan liked
(@klynched)

Even though I am a staunch defendant of the oddities and meanderings of Lynch and Frost, watching this scene was the nearest I got to feeling a bit disappointed. I didn't have any particular expectations for Audrey's reappearance but I found I did, actually, for Clark Middleton. I guess that'll larn me for expecting a bit of Lynchian quirkiness that would have perfectly suited his acting talent. In fact today's fare was in a way a bit straight, underlying weirdness of the scenario notwithstanding.

Maybe I need to go back and watch again...

Posted : 31/07/2017 7:48 pm
(@b-randy)
Chief Moderator

Their conversation seemed very awkward and like they were just reading off queue cards. I wonder if this was intentional.

And as someone has mentioned in another thread, Chuck is most often short for Charles. Thought this quite odd.

It almost seemed like Charlie was Audrey's therapist.

Posted : 31/07/2017 9:23 pm Jocelyn Rowe liked

Wedding rings...

I don't wear one and nor does Mrs Therapy.

Posted : 31/07/2017 9:26 pm Claire Driver, Mark Chamberlain Stevens and Brandy Fisher liked
Page 1 / 3 Next