This is the Chair

(@droseth1)

Questions:

1. Is the title as well as the scene with Andy and Lucy just a red herring?

2. Does Lucy really want the red chair but only asks for the beige chair because she knows Andy will disagree with her?

3. If that scene actually had significance, what was it?

Posted : 11/07/2017 6:31 pm

The Andy and Lucy thing is probably just a bit of fan service, for those who miss the old style Twin Peaks, coupled with a bit of misdirection.

I think Lucy really wanted the beige chair - although why anyone would ever want a beige anything is beyond me - but wanted Andy to give in to her, before secretly ordering the one he wanted, in order to give him a nice surprise.  Keep in mind these two ain't the sharpest knives in the drawer and do all kinds of childish stuff.

Posted : 11/07/2017 6:43 pm
ella liked
(@myn0k)

I did wonder if this was a clue that there is some code or pattern surrounding Andy and Lucy. They mention a bunny - a rabbit location is relevant. They argue over a chair - Briggs's secret chair. I wondered if I should go back and look at the Brando scene.

Posted : 12/07/2017 1:49 am
(@ranmacmh)
Posted by: Myn0k

The only thing I got out of the Brando scene was his referencing Lewis and Clark.  If the Secret History of Twin Peaks is important at all (and there's enough crossover references for me to believe it could be) there's a pretty important section right in the beginning about them.

I would honestly love it if all the Lucy and Andy scenes that are driving people crazy are actually major clues.  That way they look like throw away scenes and no one takes them seriously?  Guess we'll have to see...

Posted : 12/07/2017 2:03 am
Posted by: Christen Phillips
Posted by: Myn0k

Hehe, that would be great, and serve us right, too.

Posted : 12/07/2017 12:17 pm
(@myn0k)
Posted by: Christen Phillips
Posted by: Myn0k

You just articulated what I could not 😀

What you said 🙂

Posted : 12/07/2017 12:44 pm
(@pieter)
RR Diner Patron Admin

To me, this scene demonstrates that ─even though still immature─ their love for each other is real. But if they're shopping furniture to redecorate Wally Brando's now vacant room and turn it into a study, this could actually be leading somewhere.

This is the water and this is the well. Drink full and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.

Posted : 13/07/2017 10:37 am
(@pynchjan)

Their double-compromise also offers a foil to the poisoned interactions between Frank and Doris Truman.

Posted : 13/07/2017 11:18 am
(@fishinthepercolator)

I also wonder if that scene has some meaning behind the obvious comic relief, considering the role of the chair in the episode and that of red as a color in Lynch's works. I can't get anything as of now, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's more than meets the eye.

Posted : 15/07/2017 7:39 am
(@ranmacmh)

I forgot they were redecorating Wally's room!  Watch, that's our season finale, right there.

Posted : 20/07/2017 2:13 am

What goes with beige: gasoline & matches.

Posted : 20/07/2017 4:06 am
Posted by: Karen

What goes with beige: gasoline & matches.

Perfect.

Posted : 20/07/2017 4:09 am
(@artamisbgone)

Shortly after that scene, Mrs Briggs directs Truman, Hawk and Bobby to a red chair with a special message hidden inside of it. Could be a connection there.

Posted : 03/06/2019 4:12 pm