Please explain to a Luddite...

Page 1 / 2 Next
(@lynn_watson)

Phone messages & texting (yes, I avoid mobile phones & live in blissful, undisturbed ignorance!)
The message Mr C sent on his phone said 2/2 - does that mean there's also a 1/2??

1500079545-Mr-C-phone.jpg
Posted : 14/07/2017 8:45 pm laughingatsky and Oyster Bells liked
(@oyster_bells)

Oh yeah, bravo Lynn!

"Dougie, who do you prefer now, me or that Jade?"
"Jade."
"No, no, Dougie! Jade. Or. Me?"
"Me."
"Okay, once again. Jade. Or. Janey-E?"
"E."

Posted : 14/07/2017 9:39 pm
(@lynn_watson)
Posted by: Oyster Bells

Oh yeah, bravo Lynn!

Does it??

Posted : 14/07/2017 9:52 pm
(@b-randy)
Chief Moderator
  • Good catch and good question!
Posted : 14/07/2017 10:05 pm
(@lynn_watson)

Lol - I've been looking at it & assuming I'm missing something bleeding obvious.
 Searches about the phone message have brought up the stuff about the caps & the comma; and the MMS instead of SMS & on the one with caps it says 'iMessage'  - but nothing about the 2/2...

Posted : 14/07/2017 10:12 pm

Stone age phone, too.  Page 2 is probably just  "ely.", knowing how few characters those teeny tiny screens allow. 😉

Posted : 14/07/2017 10:19 pm
(@b-randy)
Chief Moderator

But them wouldn't it have said 1/2.

BTW gotta love the pink bedazzlement of that flip phone.

Posted : 14/07/2017 10:31 pm Lynn Watson liked
(@lynn_watson)

Lol at the idea of that phone being from the stone age!  I have just unearthed mine & found the charger, 'cos I'm going to have to try it out in the name of research.
{my phone is 11 years old & has had a total of £30 in credit - mostly used phoning myself by accident.  It gets taken out once a year for my annual go-and-get-drunk-in-a-cabin-in-the-woods-with-some-strange-people-I-met-on-the-internet weekend.  Don't ask}

Texting that message, it stays on page 1 of 1.  Adding another hundred or so characters, it's still on page 1 of 1.  It wouldn't become 1/2 unless there was a 2nd part (and I'll probably get RSI before that happens!)

If there was an image - then that message, would that make it 2 'pages'.  Images are way beyond the scope of my phone...

1500087454-screen.jpg
Posted : 14/07/2017 10:57 pm
(@lynn_watson)

That idea's already been mentioned on this very forum!  No clue how I managed not to find it...

Twin Peaks & David Lynch Discussion Forums

Posted : 14/07/2017 11:05 pm
(@oyster_bells)

Yeah it does, Lynn.

And yes, Brandy.

"Dougie, who do you prefer now, me or that Jade?"
"Jade."
"No, no, Dougie! Jade. Or. Me?"
"Me."
"Okay, once again. Jade. Or. Janey-E?"
"E."

Posted : 15/07/2017 2:02 am
(@elad-repooc)

My phone is even more simplistic than that. Cheapest little phone I could buy, just so people can phone or text me if they have to. I refuse to become one of the smartphone zombies.

Posted : 15/07/2017 2:45 am
Posted by: laughingatsky

I have a smartphone and I'm no zombie.  And by the way...

Braaaaaiiiinnnnsss!!!

Posted : 15/07/2017 5:51 am
(@elad-repooc)

You must be a rare breed. I think we need to take you to the lab to study you.

1500115635-smartphone-zombies-e14402550296121.jpg
Posted : 15/07/2017 6:47 am

Mrs Therapy isn't a zombie, either.  At least, I don't think so...

Posted : 15/07/2017 7:14 am
 ella
(@ella)

Unfortunately I have to admit I am smartphone zombie... To be honest I don't use my laptop very much since I have the smartphone. Even now I'm typing from my phone and I like it, I don't have to seat in one place;)

And back to the topic, I think what Mr C sends is MMS(this is even shown) and the 1/2 part could be...some pic maybe? Which we didn't see yet obviously.

Posted : 15/07/2017 7:48 am