Dougie's numb arm / Teresa Banks' arm in FWWM

Page 1 / 2 Next
(@andre_abreu)

Have you noticed Dougie's arm being completely off, not being able to dress and all, the same way the waitress in the beginning of the movie Fire Walk With Me describes Teresa Banks' arm not being able to work?

This cannot be a coincidence.

Posted : 23/05/2017 1:06 pm
(@katharina_vittenlind)

Someone said this happens to people wearing the owl symbol ring?

Posted : 23/05/2017 1:48 pm mysticskye liked
(@r0byntn)

Was it the same arm? Theresa's was the right arm, no? Or am I mis-remembering? So, the opposite arm of Mike... which is the left, yeah? Either way, I agree this cannot be coincidence—and a connection to the ring makes sense!

Posted : 23/05/2017 2:04 pm
(@garymc)

It does seem to be an effect of the ring along with stopping possession by Bob.

I'm wondering how Dougie got the ring?  Doppelganger Coop was definitely shown as being possessed by Bob at the end of series 2 but he somehow made Dougie (I guess it was D-Coop who made him as his way of escaping returning to the Black Lodge).

Did D-Coop give Dougie the ring when he made him as a way of protecting him from Bob?  This would suggest that D-Coop has separated himself from Bob and is making plans of his own.

Posted : 24/05/2017 12:06 am Usual_Anomaly liked
(@usual_anomaly)

Yes! I had forgotten about the numb arm/ring connection. I also wonder if it has to do with Gerard's amputated arm. Was it removed so he could live?

Posted : 28/05/2017 6:10 pm
(@spyros)

Mike cut his own arm because he had a "fire walk with me'' tattoo and wanted to get rid of it, the evil part when he saw/found God.

Dougie and Terese had the ring on their left hands.. so the ring probably is responsible for their numb arms to both of them.

Posted : 28/05/2017 6:23 pm mysticskye liked
(@usual_anomaly)
Do you think when Mike saw the face of God, that it looked like Laura's when she removed the mask?
Posted : 29/05/2017 12:05 am
(@chronokata)

The ring 'weds' a person, and all garmonbozia derived from them, to MIKE. By giving Dougie the ring, BOB (who is wheeling about freely in Coop's flesh at that point) derails focus from himself by funneling it toward the copy he manufactured. The ring essentially acts like a beacon and amplifies 'Dougie' as the target.

Imagine you're being chased by a heat-seeking missile and you distract it by setting a truck on fire. That.

Posted : 29/05/2017 12:54 am Oyster Bells, Justine Lyannah Price and Fishinthepercolator liked

No, Mike had a tattoo that said Bob when he used to hunt & kill with Bob. He said "but then I saw the face of god, and was changed" so he removed the arm ( "little man"  then and now evolved to the tree-like thing ) to end Bob's connection it seems. He is using the form of Philip Gerard to stop Bob when out in our world ( why he throws the ring in to Laura in the train car, Bob can't take control of her like he did Leland ).

Posted : 29/05/2017 3:19 am
(@fishinthepercolator)

Also remember that when Laura wakes up with the ring in FWWM her arm also goes numb. I seem to recall something similar also happened to someone in the Secret History of Twin Peaks, but I'm not sure (while I'm almost certain that someone in the book disappeared after finding the ring). Considering that LMFAP/the Arm says "with this ring I thee wed" it's pretty easy to see how it isn't a coincidence.

Posted : 30/05/2017 6:05 am
(@lady_in_the_radiator)
Posted by: r0byntn

It was Theresa's left arm

Posted : 30/05/2017 7:17 am
(@haxan)

It's been a while, but I seem to remember that arms going numb beginning in the end of the second season to random characters.

Posted : 02/06/2017 10:17 pm
(@oyster_bells)
Posted by: chronokata

Chronakata, I hope you're reading this and replies (why don't they provide private inbox here?) :

May I ask where you got this information?  It sounds very true, like something one would hear from the creators.

"Dougie, who do you prefer now, me or that Jade?"
"Jade."
"No, no, Dougie! Jade. Or. Me?"
"Me."
"Okay, once again. Jade. Or. Janey-E?"
"E."

Posted : 07/06/2017 9:08 am
Posted by: Fishinthepercolator

Laura had the ring in her dream. She DOESN'T have it when she wakes up.

Posted : 08/06/2017 5:36 am

No, random people in town their hands shook ( including Cooper ), not a numb arm.

Posted : 08/06/2017 5:38 am