So where is the real Diane?

Page 1 / 7
(@zodas)

If this one was manufactured is there another authentic Diane out there somewhere?

Did Bad Coop kill Diane when he visited her after season 2 and then manufacture Diane or has Diane been manufactured all along and the Diane we've always known has never been real?

So confused on the possibilities here.

Posted : 27/08/2017 11:24 pm
(@trina_jones)

probably dead.  It was a theory she was a non person but from the fact that she was known I believe she existed.  Bad Coop caught her unawares raped the real Di but killed her and manufacturers the other.  She would still have the memories as the other Di so she knows what going on.

Posted : 27/08/2017 11:29 pm
(@megan_brown)

I am hoping that the real Diane is Naido, since Diane said I am at the sheriff's station right before she went to pull out her gun.

Posted : 27/08/2017 11:32 pm
Alex DeMarco, Jocelyn Rowe, Paudris Log and 10 people liked
(@zodas)

I've read that theory but I'm not sure I get it.

Naido is an Asian woman so I'm not sure how Diane would correlate with her.  We know what Diane looks like and Tulpas are supposed to be copies of the original person so I'm just not sure how the two are related or why Diane was hanging out in an intergalactic electrical station early in the season.

Posted : 28/08/2017 12:29 am
(@annieblackburn)

How can you tell Naido is an Asian woman?  Because her name is Naido?

Diane  =   O d i a n (e)

She has no eyes or power of speech.  This would be a great way to hide the real Diane.  By the way none of this was my idea.  You can read the original ideas in the other thread below.

Douglas Jones moved like a cobra!

Posted : 28/08/2017 12:33 am

She is played by a person who is Asian.

Posted : 28/08/2017 12:37 am

"I'm not me!" as she pulled out the gun. As I said elesewhere, I think it was a form of "cop suicide."

Posted : 28/08/2017 12:40 am
100monkeys, Myn0k, SamXTherapy and 1 people liked
(@zodas)

I mean...I guess maybe you can't tell but from her name and visual observation she appears to be.

Its obvious she's not Laura Dean though 🙂

- EDIT: What Karen said.

...but this "manufactured" thing still confuses me after about 14 hours of it being a thing since we were introduced to Dougie.

Im just not sure what the rules exactly are.

Posted : 28/08/2017 12:40 am
(@lynn_watson)

For manufactured people (tulpas), we have Dougie to go on?  And now Diane2.  They seem different to doppelgangers - and obviously Dougie was in existence when DoppelCoop (Mr C) was running riot & Cooper was locked in the Lodge.

Doesn't that leave us with the possibility that there's a DoppelDiane AND Diane-in-the-Lodge?

Posted : 28/08/2017 12:42 am
(@zodas)
Posted by: Lynn Watson

That's exactly what I mean...Dopples made sense...but manufactured duplicates just make my head turn.

Your last two questions are spot on as that's what I've been wondering too.

I mean there are 3 Coops and now I have to wonder how many Diane's there are?  Lol!

Posted : 28/08/2017 12:46 am
(@lynn_watson)
Posted by: Zack Sisson
Posted by: Lynn Watson

Your last two questions are spot on as that's what I've been wondering too.

I'm so glad someone else gets my confusion!!  🙂

Posted : 28/08/2017 12:49 am
(@younglaura_dannysf)
Posted by: Megan Brown

I sure hope too.  It seems that Naido was communicating via the tulpa ON and OFF during the whole Diane's scene. 🙂 ALL

Posted : 28/08/2017 1:32 am
(@pieter)
RR Diner Patron Admin

I love the Diane/Naido theory, but the tulpa also mentioned visiting a place that looked like the convenience store. My friend David suggested the real Diane could be trapped in one of its (locked) rooms.

This is the water and this is the well. Drink full and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.

Posted : 28/08/2017 1:45 am
Alex DeMarco, Myn0k, Paudris Log and 8 people liked
(@caoimhin)
Posted by: Pieter Dom

This seems very likely. I don't think we've seen the last of Diane (though it also wouldn't surprise me that after all the years of wonder and speculation, all we really get to meet is a warped copy of the original Diane).

Posted : 28/08/2017 2:00 am
(@hereliescaitlin)

I have all these same questions. This Diane/Naido correlation intrigues me though. I remember reading some clickbait headline bemoaning David Lynch's decision to have Diane cop a lot of aspects of Asian aesthetic in her appearance as problematic, but if there is a connection then that would make some sense.

Posted : 28/08/2017 2:20 am