Hutch & Chantal

Page 2 / 6
(@buttercup)
Posted by: JaseToTheG
Posted by: henrysteiger

That whole scene was absolutely fantastic.  We expected a violent confrontation between Mr C's hit squad and some of our beloved characters but WOW Lynch and Frost know how to go out in left field for the better!  Our gangsters and FBI both on site but the shootout is with a pissed off neighbor?  Marvelous!

Ok so there wasn't more to the story?  He truly was a neighbor mad bc his driveway was blocked?  I mean ... that's ALOT of anger he took out for just blocking the driveway.  But I can go with it.

He had a tough day.

Posted : 27/08/2017 9:57 pm
(@adri_ennefus)

It was beautiful!

Posted : 27/08/2017 9:58 pm
buttercup liked
(@roberto_bella)
Posted by: JaseToTheG
Posted by: henrysteiger

• I think it's consistent with Lynch's commentaries on American "unreasonableness." Like there's all this suppressed suburban rage waiting for a reason to burst to the surface. The seemingly modest accountant finally boils over. Lol.
Posted : 27/08/2017 10:14 pm
BewareOfBob, Deja Lee, Joseph McMurty and 5 people liked
(@bob_michaels)

And we are left to guess whether the drugged out woman was shouting 1-1-9, 1-1-9 !!!  (I'll bet she was)

Posted : 27/08/2017 10:24 pm
(@lynn_watson)

I thought that was a perfect example for 'Examples of storytelling - build it up to 101 possible scenarios, and then end it completely out of left field'

It was almost a cautionary tale, wasn't it?  They sit there patiently (ish) putting up with FBI raids & stretch limo's with Pink Ladies...  then a neighbour shows up & it's just the bag of Cheetos that broke the camel's back!

Posted : 27/08/2017 10:29 pm
(@michael_holden_disanto)

People are under a lot of stress

Posted : 28/08/2017 12:14 am
BewareOfBob, urbanCCD, Sara Maclara and 9 people liked
(@mj_gilbert)
Posted by: buttercup
Posted by: JaseToTheG
Posted by: henrysteiger

He had a tough day.

DON'T. F*CK. WITH. THE. ACCOUNTANT.

I AM the FBI.

Posted : 28/08/2017 12:19 am
Athena, buttercup, Lynn Watson and 1 people liked
(@mj_gilbert)
Posted by: Bob Michaels

She is in a different part of town.

I AM the FBI.

Posted : 28/08/2017 12:19 am
(@annieblackburn)

2nd best quote of the night: [in response to a mob-like killing] "People are under a lot of stress."

Douglas Jones moved like a cobra!

Posted : 28/08/2017 12:23 am
Deja Lee, 100monkeys, 1stDragonarse and 3 people liked
(@b-randy)
Chief Moderator
Posted by: MJ Gilbert
Posted by: buttercup
Posted by: JaseToTheG
Posted by: henrysteiger

He had a tough day.

DON'T. F*CK. WITH. THE. ACCOUNTANT.

LOL

Somehow I don't think the Polish accountant was just an accountant.  🙂

And is it weird that I partially expected the blood spattered on the windshield to be flaked with orange cheesy dust?

Posted : 28/08/2017 12:27 am
(@shrrrrrrrrrrk)
Posted by: buttercup

The accountant got 'em. They went out in a blaze of glory.   She should have just moved the car.  I didn't see that coming.

I totally saw it coming. That was pure Tarantino. Set up exactly as Tarantino would have. Non-sensical, violent and brilliant. I laughed so hard. My husband looked at me like I was nuts. You don't fuck with the Poles.

Posted : 28/08/2017 12:27 am
BewareOfBob, Deja Lee, 100monkeys and 4 people liked
(@zodas)
Posted by: Bob Michaels

Wait...that woman lived in a completely different development, right?

Posted : 28/08/2017 12:36 am
(@seattle-swede)
Posted by: JaseToTheG
Posted by: henrysteiger

Lost Highway, Robert Loggia scene.

Posted : 28/08/2017 12:39 am
Posted by: Zack Sisson
Posted by: Bob Michaels

Wait...that woman lived in a completely different development, right?

Yes, the Rancho Rosa development. The Jones' live in a different area of Vegas.

Posted : 28/08/2017 12:48 am
(@shrrrrrrrrrrk)
Posted by: Karen
Posted by: Zack Sisson
Posted by: Bob Michaels

Wait...that woman lived in a completely different development, right?

Yes, the Rancho Rosa development. The Jones' live in a different area of Vegas.

I thought 1-1-9 woman and the child in her home were directly across the street from Dougie's home. The kid leaves the house and crosses the street and looks at Dougie's car before it explodes.

Posted : 28/08/2017 12:54 am