The Bug Eating Girl Theory

Page 3 / 5
(@tyler_henry)

I don't know, something's just been telling me that boy and girl are Jeffries and Judy

Posted : 14/08/2017 1:28 pm
(@buttercup)

Here's another thought.  What if the mothfrog eating girl grew up to be Lois Duffy?  We don't know how old she was in 1975, which is when Albert said the Blue Rose Case 1 took place.

Posted : 14/08/2017 1:51 pm
(@captionhere)
Posted by: SamXTherapy

As stated, there's nothing to say Sarah hosts the froggy thing.  Something, yes, but not the froggy.

Hell of a scene.  For the first time in a long time, something on screen made me jump.

I wonder if Sarah was the reason Leland ended up with Bob in the first place.  Perhaps she'd been hosting that thing all her life, and arranged for Leland to be molested and then possessed.  Perhaps that's why he kept her medicated, in a failed attempt to keep the malignant influence at bay.

It would make sense, because Leland has always been portrayed as a victim of circumstance, who genuinely suffered because of the things Bob made him do.  If Sarah was pulling the strings all along, and Bob was in the driving seat - in Leland, that is - what else could he do?

My thinking was actually that she was possessed by it (mother or experiment is my bet) between the 27 break. they made it somewhat clear previously that leland/bob was drugging her so she would not be aware of his actions/incapable of stopping him (i dont remember if this is in fwwm/mp or secret history but it is stated)

Posted : 14/08/2017 2:22 pm
(@angie_higgins_lott)

I am in agreement, nothing was confirmed about Sarah having been the girl...

Posted : 14/08/2017 2:22 pm
(@angie_higgins_lott)

I am in agreement, nothing was confirmed about Sarah having been the girl...

Posted : 14/08/2017 2:22 pm
(@caoimhin)
Posted by: Fishinthepercolator

I don't think we got any confirmation, to be honest. But if she's actually the young girl in 1956 (which is possible in my opinion, although the timeline doesn't match perfectly), I don't think she's possessed by Bob. The experiment throws up Bob's orb, but along with it there are lots of other things, many shaped like eggs and we saw the moth-frog thing coming out of an egg. My idea is that the experiment released part of herself or of her spirit if you will with those eggs and those who eat the creature(s) that come out of them are inhabited/become hosts (by the way, a guy here edited the video to remove the credits and rotate the image of the girl after the bug entered in her mouth to better highlight the change in her facial expression).

And when Sarah removed her face, she seemed to have something reminiscent of the experiment inside her. So if that's really Sarah Palmer I think she has part of the experiment/mother inside her more than Bob. Now, personally I think it would be kinda strange if Sarah has had that thing inside her for so much and it has been asleep/inactive for at least 35 years (I'm using the events of season 1&2 as a reference here, because we don't know if she had already shown signs of possessions after that, before the events of season 3). I believe the purpose of the scene was more about what happened than about to whom it happened, with the girl in 1956 being there just to show that at that time the world was infested by the evil spread by the experiment and it has infected other people since then (Sarah being one of them, possibly a recent addition) and not necessarily being a relevant character.

Well said, Fish.

I think similarly to this: "The experiment throws up Bob's orb, but along with it there are lots of other things, many shaped like eggs and we saw the moth-frog thing coming out of an egg. My idea is that the experiment released part of herself or of her spirit if you will with those eggs and those who eat the creature(s) that come out of them are inhabited/become hosts"

but in the past I have used the term vessel instead of host.

As for your sceptism about Sarah not showing signs of having the moth frog inside her I have a couple of thoughts: she did show signs of being gifted or damned ( seeing Bob, white horse, etc.) and that could be related to the moth-frog.  Also, Experiment may not have needed (wanted) to posses her until recently. Experiment may enter different various hosts/vessels at different times.

Agree with this as well: "I believe the purpose of the scene was more about what happened than about to whom it happened, with the girl in 1956 being there just to show that at that time the world was infested by the evil spread by the experiment and it has infected other people since then (Sarah being one of them, possibly a recent addition) and not necessarily being a relevant character."

We saw tons of eggs in the birth-vomit. Lynch/Frost focused on one individual consuming a moth-frog. It is symbolic rather than something that we'll later see as a metamorphosis that transpired. The girl could definitely be Sarah, but I doubt we will ever get a definitive answer to who the girl was or what transpired in that portion of part 8.

Posted : 14/08/2017 2:51 pm
(@damien_crowley)

Whether that was Sarah or her doppelganger, it does seem to have that frog insect in her:

[S3E14] freeze frame on sarah may reveal something familiar from twinpeaks

Posted : 15/08/2017 3:36 am
(@becky-with-the-brown-hair)
Posted by: Jonathan Brien

I think that is much more the girl that Tammy and Albert was talking about the one who said I feel like a blue rose....she had a doppleganger

I agree completely with that, I think bug/moth girl is the reason for blue rose.

Sarah Palmer after she opened her face was very similar to the 'thing' in the box in New York. What it is, is still questionable.

Posted : 15/08/2017 3:57 am
(@lucas_bracci)

Without chemicals, she points...

Posted : 15/08/2017 4:07 am
(@jocelyn)
Posted by: Damien Crowley

[S3E14] freeze frame on sarah may reveal something familiar from twinpeaks

I am not quite seeing it. I read the replies on Reddit and still not clear about what the freeze frame suggests.

Posted : 15/08/2017 7:25 am
(@naogilles)

Looks like a metallic pointed object, perhaps a spear, to me... Might be what soon killed that guy, too.

Posted : 15/08/2017 7:42 am
Posted by: Jocelyn Rowe
Posted by: Damien Crowley

[S3E14] freeze frame on sarah may reveal something familiar from twinpeaks

The spike looks like the antennae sticking out of the froggy thing.

If Sarah is host to that creature, it's still not certain she's the girl from New Mexico.  For one thing, the timeline is wrong, for another, she's of the wrong ethnic background.  Perhaps, if she has ol' froggy inside, there are several of them.

I agree with a previous poster about Gordon Cole, too.  No way was the young lad Cole.  The lad is definitely Hispanic, Cole definitely isn't.

Posted : 15/08/2017 7:50 am
(@naogilles)

Perhaps Lynch hired Hispanic people to make it clear that they're not either of the characters we've met before. Maybe they're just 'examples' of what might have happened all over the county / country on that day.

Posted : 15/08/2017 7:54 am
Posted by: René-Gilles Deberdt

Could be, but everything so far seems to have a direct reference to the story.  This latest episode - to me, anyhow - says that quite explicitly.

Posted : 15/08/2017 8:03 am
Posted by: Lucas Bracci

Without chemicals, she points...

With chemicals, she bites throats out of truckers.

Posted : 15/08/2017 8:04 am