Notifications

35 Users
142 Likes
39.1 K Views
(@shrrrrrrrrrrk)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Apologies in advance if this has been covered. Who is Sarah possessed by in the finale of Season 2 when she gives info with her heavy breathing in the Double R? Is this the same possession in Season 3?

Posted : 14/08/2017 5:03 am

Jack
(@jack)
Estimable Member

Posted by: Jack

Windom Earle

For certain?

Yes, Windom Earle entered the Black Lodge first, with Annie, and Cooper followed after.  And inexplicably, he used Sarah as the person to pass the message onto Major Briggs.

Windom, through Sarah, says:

"I'm in the Black Lodge with Dale Cooper.  I'm waiting for you."

Posted : 14/08/2017 5:24 am
MJ Gilbert, Ric Bissell, Caoimhín Shirey and 1 people reacted
(@ranmacmh)
Reputable Member

A good point though, that this is not the first time Sarah has been possessed by something.  She could just be a good host because of her circumstances or she could still be related to the frog moth scene.

Posted : 14/08/2017 5:26 am
Prominent Member

Windom is not in the story of the new show.

We saw a hint earlier on, when watching the show of cats attacking the beast, she was excited by it.

Posted : 14/08/2017 5:32 am
(@caemeron)
Honorable Member

Posted by: Jack
Posted by: Jack

Windom Earle

For certain?

Windom, through Sarah, says:

"I'm in the Black Lodge with Dale Cooper.  I'm waiting for you."

Let me begin by saying I also think it was Windom Earle. But is that certain? I mean, how do we know this? The voice is distorted... Is it in the script or something? I am just wondering because that bit always seemed to go nowhere. The message is for Major Briggs. If it was from Earle, well... Bob takes his soul pretty quick after that. If it wasn't, that could open up some interesting possibilities. So, does anyone know how we know that is was Earle?

Posted : 14/08/2017 5:54 am
 Jack
(@jack)
Estimable Member

Posted by: Cæmeron Crain
Posted by: Jack
Posted by: Jack

Windom Earle

For certain?

Windom, through Sarah, says:

"I'm in the Black Lodge with Dale Cooper.  I'm waiting for you."

I remember (unless I'm suffering from the Doppler Effect) that Harley Peyton or someone from the original Twin Peaks had stated that Season 3, if filmed, was to have Major Briggs enter the Black Lodge to try and help rescue Cooper from the Lodge, and that Windom wanted to lure Briggs into the Black Lodge to take his soul.

But even without that, when you watch that episode, it really can't logically be anyone else other than Windom Earle.

Posted : 14/08/2017 5:59 am
MJ Gilbert reacted
(@natural-log-e)
Estimable Member

For me, Sarah was speaking for a spirit, although Windom Earle makes sense. Sarah was connected though to the spiritual realm. For all we know, it could have been the White Horse speaking through Sarah.

Posted : 14/08/2017 6:02 am
(@shrrrrrrrrrrk)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I had forgotten about this...

Posted : 14/08/2017 6:04 am
Prominent Member

When Andy was shown the image of Laura, it had angels on both sides.

Posted : 14/08/2017 6:08 am
(@shrrrrrrrrrrk)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Posted by: Karen

When Andy was shown the image of Laura, it had angels on both sides.

Posted : 14/08/2017 6:10 am
Prominent Member

Posted by: Cæmeron Crain
Posted by: Jack
Posted by: Jack

Windom Earle

For certain?

Windom, through Sarah, says:

"I'm in the Black Lodge with Dale Cooper.  I'm waiting for you."

Windom tried to take Coop's soul, Bob said "He can't. I will take HIS." So much for Windom gaining the power of the Black Lodge.

Posted : 14/08/2017 6:14 am
(@caoimhin)
Noble Member

Posted by: shrrrrrrrrrrk

I had forgotten about this...

I drew that connection straight away and loved the symmetry. Laura was taken from the Red Room against her will and Sarah seems to be a vessel; without perhaps knowing why (so in a sense it's not voluntary either).

Posted : 14/08/2017 7:24 am
(@caoimhin)
Noble Member

Posted by: Karen
Posted by: Cæmeron Crain
Posted by: Jack
Posted by: Jack

Windom Earle

For certain?

Windom, through Sarah, says:

"I'm in the Black Lodge with Dale Cooper.  I'm waiting for you."

Yep. Windom was even cocky about it. Bob  said,  "sorry, dude. Yoose weak."

Posted : 14/08/2017 7:26 am