Showtime "Likely" Wont Revive Peaks Again

Page 1 / 5 Next
(@yambag021)

discuss

www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/twin-peaks-wont-be-revived-again-at-showtime-1027586

Posted : 08/08/2017 8:47 pm
(@b-randy)
Chief Moderator

Yeah, I figured.

I think we all knew that this was likely a one shot deal. But I'm going to stuff that away and pretend that I never read it and continue my fantasy that it may continue.

LALALALALALALALA I Can't Hear You!

Posted : 08/08/2017 8:52 pm Monique Prior, Donna L Baker, Myn0k and 3 people liked

It fits with the picture that's been painted about the viewer numbers.  A pity but there you go.

Maybe there will be enough interest to roll on with a movie; I can live in hope.  I could really live in Hope; it's not too far from here.

Posted : 08/08/2017 8:53 pm Brandy Fisher liked
(@silentbobni)

Whole lotta nothing. Showtime boss says he wants to wait until it's done and will then speak to Lynch and Frost. Thats what probably would happen no matter how big or small the show was. Still doing massively well internationally (especially France unsurprisingly) so those sales could encourage showtime.

Posted : 08/08/2017 8:56 pm Annie Blackburn liked
(@b-randy)
Chief Moderator

Stupid pic wants to be difficult.

Posted : 08/08/2017 9:01 pm Yambag021 liked
(@silentbobni)

Also have to factor in home media sales and also awards. Lots of shows get renewed if they're critically praised but have low viewing figures. Be a badge of honour for showtime to beat other networks come award season.

Posted : 08/08/2017 9:03 pm laughingatsky, Badalamenti Fan and Annie Blackburn liked
(@lynn_watson)

Yeah, I think another film's much more likely.  I'd hate to see it have a 4th season for the sake of it & much rather have other instalments when DL & MF are good & ready.
It's not all about numbers.  If you take the people who have watched the return and multiply it by the personal involvement of those people, it's huge.  And it's there to be watched, along with s1 & 2 by folk who weren't born first time around.   I think some bits & pieces will be tied up and some will be left open for possible future exploration - and with the number of people signing up for packages, I'd imagine some networks will always show an interest...

Posted : 08/08/2017 9:03 pm

@53.3643165,-1.8012548,13z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x487a2c82a47233a3:0x30a91f298af316b0!8m2!3d53.3615654!4d-1.753352" target="true"> https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Hope/ @53.3643165,-1.8012548,13z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x487a2c82a47233a3:0x30a91f298af316b0!8m2!3d53.3615654!4d-1.753352

Hope Village

Posted : 08/08/2017 9:06 pm laughingatsky and Yambag021 liked
(@yambag021)
Posted by: SamXTherapy

Seems the showtime guy had some favorable comments regarding the amount of viewers they have got.

No surprise it isn't competing with ray Donovan. Right off the bat you needed to see the original series to get into this, so your pool of viewers is already limited.

You could always hope for netflix to step in, but I don't see them affording lynch.

Posted : 08/08/2017 9:06 pm
(@yambag021)
Posted by: Sammy Weir

If it had killer ratings, they would know now if it would continue. Frankly I think he said "not likely" to not deter current viewers.

Methinks showtime wants to see how it ends (and viewership goes) before debating continuing.

Posted : 08/08/2017 9:09 pm Annie Blackburn liked
(@yambag021)
Posted by: Lynn Watson

The number of those involved are huge? I know quite a few peaks fans who flat out gave up and are letting me the guinea pig and report if the ending is worth catching up on.

I'd imagine peaks overall high point for viewers was season one, and it's gone down since.

Posted : 08/08/2017 9:11 pm
(@lynn_watson)
Posted by: Yambag021
Posted by: Lynn Watson

Not what I said.
Also, many people who started watching series 1 did so because of the hype & then dropped out.  There seem to be a lot of folk on here who have seen it at some point over the intervening period and gone on to watch series 2 and the return.

Posted : 08/08/2017 9:19 pm Brandy Fisher liked
(@silentbobni)
Posted by: Yambag021
Posted by: Sammy Weir

See my second post, viewing figures aren't as important as they used to be. I honestly think it'll come down to if Lynch and Frost want to do more then if not showtime then somewhere else will pick it up.

Posted : 08/08/2017 9:21 pm laughingatsky liked
(@b-randy)
Chief Moderator

I'm with Lynn on this one.

Posted : 08/08/2017 9:21 pm
(@yambag021)
Posted by: Sammy Weir
Posted by: Yambag021
Posted by: Sammy Weir

Viewers are massively important for a pay channel.

Major network I'D agree bc it's "free", but a subscription channel needs the viewers.

Lynch and frost "wanting to do more" will be a direct result on if showtime feels it's worth shelling out the money to pay for it imo.

Posted : 08/08/2017 9:24 pm Annie Blackburn and SamXTherapy liked