The turnip girl

Page 2 / 4

Turnips are great.  Diced with carrots, cooked in stews.  Nom!

I loves me some turnips.

Posted : 01/08/2017 2:32 pm
(@maurice_dumont)

Thanks ?

Based on what I found in the Urban Dictionary I got the idea that turnip farmers are generally made fun of.

Posted : 01/08/2017 2:42 pm
(@badalamenti-fan)
Posted by: Maurice Dumont

Thanks ?

Ah, here I think the idiom you're looking for/thinking of is someone who has recently "fallen off the turnip truck," a phrase used to describe someone as an unsophisticated, naive rube, and thus a phrase that many would justifiably take offense to! Best avoided, IMO.

Posted : 01/08/2017 2:45 pm
(@ame-solitaire)

In French, turnip is «navet». A bad movie or a bad play can be called «un navet». I don't know if it translates in English...

«That's the kind of girl to make you wish you spoke a little French».
- Gordon Cole.

Posted : 01/08/2017 2:54 pm
(@badalamenti-fan)
Posted by: Ame Solitaire

Hmmm... Maybe a "rotten tomato," traditionally thrown as a projectile of disapproval at... undesirable things.

Posted : 01/08/2017 3:07 pm
(@meaxylon)
Posted by: Ame Solitaire

I've seen it translated as a "turkey" (a bad movie, flop). Funny, considering the turkey jerky being in the same part.

Posted : 01/08/2017 3:17 pm
(@melville-pembrokehurst)

I wouldn't immediately discount the possibility of the girl being a Lil-type briefing. I got the impression that everything in that scene was a briefing for Albert and Gordon. I reckon that's why Albert was so uncharacteristically patient.

“Harry, I’m going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don’t plan it. Don’t wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men’s store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.” - Dale Cooper

Posted : 01/08/2017 11:57 pm
Posted by: SamXTherapy

Turnips are great.  Diced with carrots, cooked in stews.  Nom!

I loves me some turnips.

Is this euphemism for your attraction to the woman? 🙂

Posted : 02/08/2017 12:13 am
(@devaneyfan)
Posted by: TheArmFromAnotherPlace

After watching again, I agree with you!

My only guess is that the adjustment she made could have referred to Twin Peaks.

Any other guesses what she was communicating?

Posted : 02/08/2017 12:17 am
(@meaxylon)

I would never have been able to break the code that Lil delivered, so if this is a code I'm guessing this is just as impossible (for me).

So what does she do? (From memory, the order might be wrong)

She adjusts her dress

She touches her face (jaws/cheeks), smiles

She gets a mirror, applies red lipstick

She puts on her shoes

She shows off one leg and a high heel shoe (the right?) - gets reaction from Gordon

She takes a sip of red wine, comments: very good

Gets up, adjusts dress

Gives Gordon a kiss

Poses in the doorway

While typing this out I'm less inclined to think it's code since most of it seems like over the top flirting ("look at all of this!") to me. Aspart from the leg in the air and touching jaws/cheek which was a bit unusual

Posted : 02/08/2017 1:38 am
(@meaxylon)

Some thoughts:

- touching jaw and cheeks - a beard? The bearded men?

- high heel shoe: we saw coop watching red high heels. Shelly is wearing red high heels. Also, coop lost his shoes

Posted : 02/08/2017 2:13 am
(@myn0k)

My feeling is that the code could be broader in meaning, rather than specific to her movements, of course I really have no idea and could be wrong.

This was a red episode. We had the red RR intro. We had the French lady in the red dress. And we had Carl Rodd asking people to "save their blood".

If I use free association, blood is a form of lifeforce that flows in one's veins. Its a requirement for life. Carl could be suggesting that one saves their own lifeforce, they'll need it, and should save it for themselves, don't prostitute yourself for short term gain.

France is typically considered to be the nation of romance, love, sensuality. Well, the lady certainly presented that. Her red dress (same colour as Lil's) I believe is code for a clue to be deciphered.

Is it possible that Carl's scene (save your blood, don't waste it on short term gain) and the French lady's (seductive, opulent, finer things in life) are somehow connected?

Damned if I know. 🙂

I can't help shake the idea that Cole knew Albert was on his way. And he set up the performance for Albert as a way of explaining something important without expressing it verbally. Historically he has a habit of playing with cryptic performances.

Posted : 02/08/2017 2:46 am
(@maurice_dumont)
Posted by: meaxylon

She touches her face (jaws/cheeks), smiles

+ Pushes up her bossom...

?

Posted : 02/08/2017 3:28 am
(@timejumper)
Posted by: Maurice Dumont
Posted by: meaxylon

She touches her face (jaws/cheeks), smiles

+ Pushes up her bossom...

?

+ pushes up her "twin peaks"..??‍♀️

Posted : 02/08/2017 4:00 am
(@ranmacmh)
Posted by: Brian Snoke
Posted by: Wow Brad Wow

I bit my pillow during this scene. Didn't want to wake my house up. So unbelievably funny.  So long so funny so painful.

Kept waiting for Albert to lose his patience and shove her out the door

Ditto.  I thought Albert was going to explode.  Then I remembered he just had a fun date and some good wine so maybe his fuse is a little longer for the time being.

Glad to see I wasn't the only one who felt this was super close to the FWWM mime girl scene. Big thanks to meaxylon for trying to distill it down.  Seriously need to rewatch this episode.  Seemed like a ton of potentially important info and useless info to sift through.

Posted : 03/08/2017 9:28 pm