Dangling plot lines, which will become important?
Well, following are the threads/plot lines I think they *need* to address:
- "Richard & Linda, two birds with one stone" and "Remember 430" from the ????/Giant in episode 1
- Coopers' ultimate fate (both of them)
- Fitting Audrey in to all of this. Her one scene (so far) was so odd and cryptic that I believe there is a lot more to it, and she will be integrated into the story line. In what way, I've no idea.
- Diane's status. Is she friend/foe/somewhere in between? When will the FBI crew confront her about her texts? Or will that all come out in a different way? Will she just go back to life as normal afterward? I have a suspicion she may not make it out of this alive.
- Laura Palmer. The last we saw of her, she was being yanked away in front of Cooper, in the red room. Leland basically told Coop that he needed to save her. So, yeah, we need some resolution on Laura. My spouse has a theory that we will see Laura emerge from the Black Lodge in the last episode, into the real world. I don't see how this will be possible, since Laura is dead in the real world. He doesn't really know either, unless (as he posits), it was a Laura doppelganger in the real world all along.
- Who was Bad Coop speaking to in the motel room? And what was the (brief) scene we had in Argentina? I think those two threads, especially with the spectre of Philip Jeffries still about (he's been name-checked several times, and then of course the scene in Argentina), there should be some answers for that.
Everything else has either been answered, or I don't feel like needs answers.
I think Big Ed will be called over to help with the investigation at Jack Rabbit's Place.
In terms of other minor stories that I think will soon get resolved. Where's Billy?? 🙂
And why is that Red guy so handy with coins?
Yes. Big Ed was a favorite of mine; he was somewhat similar to Major Briggs. I want to see him play an important, heroic role. Meanwhile, maybe Jerry will play an accidentally heroic role as the city is going down in flames.
- Laura and Sarah Palmer will be absolutely central
- Dougie will become Coop again, just a matter of time, there will be a reveal late on about what Laura said to Coop in the Red Room and some kind of Good Coop / Bad Coop development
- 119 lady (Linda?)
- Buenos Aires / Philip Jeffries / mobile phone
- What happened to the New York Glass box security guard, Ep 2
- Who is the Toad-roach girl from Ep 8
- Twin Peaks is going to turn into HELL - Woodsmen, Experiment Mother, BOB, BadCoop, total carnage; I'm looking forward to this
- and I suppose there will be some resolution of what Diane is up to and what DoppelCoop did to her, maybe this will align with the Good Coop/ Bad Coop development
Hmm... Maybe Diane is playing Bad Coop and has been feigning loyalty to him and feigning ignorance to Cole/Albert the whole time. Maybe she knows the right way to "win" the whole thing??? ... Maybe she has an old pair of Good Coop's shoes?!?