Notifications
Clear all

The long Las Vegas drive scene and what Candy said...

(@jeremy_christiansen)

Candy was telling the brothers about how many cars were out on the strip and how crazy the traffic was, but when we see dougie drive down the strip to meet the brothers there is hardly any traffic.

It seems Candie hasn't seen traffic before...she's kinda of like a more conscious version of Dougie.

Topic starter Posted : 26/07/2017 3:02 pm
(@jeffery_m_thompson)

Or there are other things she is seeing moving.

Posted : 26/07/2017 3:05 pm
(@fumiko)

It's almost like she's from another time and place, and would struggle in the real world.

Posted : 26/07/2017 3:10 pm
(@badalamenti-fan)

How droll, Kdawg! I love your theory ... Maybe you can posit an explanation of why Annie would be reincarnated as Candie.   We have an explanation for Dougie/Mr. C, as well as ... Bob and Laura orbs... How/why do you suppose  Annie was returned to earth?

Posted : 26/07/2017 3:16 pm
(@mad-sweeney)

The traffic jam was in Twin Peaks. I believe she's watching TP every time her gaze drifts upward and to the right.

Posted : 26/07/2017 3:17 pm
(@devaneyfan)
Posted by: Badalamenti Fan

A couple possibilities: 1) Annie was a lodge spirit in the original TP and now inhabits Candie; 2) the "spirit bubble Laura" inhabited Annie in the original TP and now inhabits Candie.

I think either are plausible, but #2 seems most likely given the setup and clues we've had to date.  The Laura spirit would seemingly behave like Bob, so she would inhabit living humans.  I assume by this point in the series, we would been introduced to the human that spirit Laura inhabits.

Posted : 26/07/2017 4:40 pm
(@jeremy_christiansen)
Posted by: JeffreyGWillett
Posted by: Badalamenti Fan

I like this theory and am pretty much onboard with it, however, why does Candie act so odd, Leland never acted that strange when Bob controlled him.? or even Annie if she was possessed by Laura.

Topic starter Posted : 26/07/2017 4:50 pm
(@caelasmah)
Posted by: Jeremy Christiansen
Posted by: JeffreyGWillett
Posted by: Badalamenti Fan

Mares eat oats and does eat oats and little lambs eat ivy

a kid'll eat ivy too wouldn't you.

also let's not forget the dancing and screaming with the investors.

leland was just as crazy strange.

Posted : 27/07/2017 1:49 pm
Posted by: caelasmah
Posted by: Jeremy Christiansen
Posted by: JeffreyGWillett
Posted by: Badalamenti Fan

Mares eat oats and does eat oats and little lambs eat ivy

a kid'll eat ivy too wouldn't you.

also let's not forget the dancing and screaming with the investors.

leland was just as crazy strange.

Begin the beguine!

Posted : 27/07/2017 2:13 pm
(@dreamgirl)

Right....and I had a similar feeling in episode 6 that DougieCoop was seeing the car crash when he looked at Sonny Jim with tears in his eyes. Interesting....

Posted : 27/07/2017 2:30 pm
(@steve_moss)
Posted by: James M Sweeney

Is there also a 'strip' in Twin Peaks?

Posted : 27/07/2017 2:36 pm
(@fumiko)
Posted by: Badalamenti Fan

I'm not really sure. the best I can assume is that she either A) is some sort of a 'lodge entity' herself (which  may explain how she recognized the owl cave symbols in season 2),  or B) it has something do with the fact that she took the ring.  I still don't understand how the ring works at all, and I've yet to see an explanation that seems satisfactory.

Posted : 27/07/2017 3:14 pm
(@mad-sweeney)
Posted by: Steve Moss
Posted by: James M Sweeney

Is there also a 'strip' in Twin Peaks?

I think we'd be hard pressed to find a town that doesn't have a 'strip' though most probably don't call it that. What's meaningful here, in my opinion, is that much of what is in Vegas has a Twin Peaks parallel.

Posted : 27/07/2017 4:36 pm