Cole's door changing with Tammy

Page 1 / 2
(@doc_ryan)

Watching Ep 10 again and saw that the door on Coles hotel room changes (a bit like the windows of the plane) as Tammy approaches.  Another glitch?

Posted : 20/07/2017 1:53 am
(@ranmacmh)

Gordon Cole:  "What the HELL."

No but really what the hell is happening right there.

That was intentional, nobody messes up a "camera pans to the door" scene.  I checked the original scene from FWWM to see if maybe it looks more like Donna's door for a second, like maybe there's some collapsing time/dimensional thing happening in that spot, but it wasn't very helpful.  Nice catch though.  Now I can obsess over that detail as well!

Posted : 20/07/2017 2:05 am
(@spyros)

This is either part of this strange scene with Gordon, Laura vision, Albert (talking about Diane), Tammy (talking about evil Coop) OR it's nothing a mistake which i really doubt or just a thing to think about that, can be important or it really is nothing.

Posted : 20/07/2017 6:29 am
(@jenny)

I can't see anything changing with the door - can you describe it?

Posted : 20/07/2017 9:27 am
(@silent-drape-runner)

At the 3 second mark, watch the peephole.  It jumps up and down for a second.

Posted : 20/07/2017 9:46 am

More info/discussion about this in the Gordon, Gordon, Gordon thread, if you're interested.

Posted : 20/07/2017 1:17 pm
(@patrick-d)

Took me a while to catch it, but now I'm thinking it's sort of tied in with the slow-mo bit in the same scene.  I'll have to watch it again - maybe there's a sort of "bubble of displacement" around the character as she moves down the hall; maybe the Laura entity is still hanging around by the door, and moves out of the way when Tammy arrives.

Posted : 20/07/2017 7:49 pm
(@ric_bissell)
Posted by: Patrick Dunn

Hi Patrick,

While you are watching, please notice the overwhelming amount of gold color in everything in the hall.  (That is, if you can keep your eyes off Tammy long enough. ;-))

Then recall the golden color of Laura's orb coming from the Fireman's forehead.  Did Laura leave a golden residue after her aborted visit to Cole?

😉

- /< /\ /> -

That's strange - even for Cooper

Posted : 21/07/2017 11:10 am
(@mj_gilbert)

I have my doubts about this one- I would love it if DL was going as deep as we seem to be in our speculation, but I don't think that glitch was intended as a "clue".

I AM the FBI.

Posted : 21/07/2017 12:11 pm
Posted by: MJ Gilbert

No way is it a mistake.  Whatever it is, it ain't that.

Posted : 21/07/2017 12:36 pm
(@elad-repooc)

As with the plane windows, I think it's deliberate but doesn't mean anything. I suspect Lynch is just messing about creating odd little glitches like that. He's having fun with the digital video editing technology. And why not?

Posted : 21/07/2017 1:57 pm

I have an idea that all the little bits, when put together, will mean something specific.  A message, built from seemingly random events or bits of weirdness in each episode.  Find the odd bits, fit them together then decode the message.

Nobody yet found an answer to the plane windows, have they?  Or discovered what the flashing lights are all about?

Posted : 21/07/2017 2:04 pm
(@patrick-d)

Re-watched the scene again -  didn't notice any kind of "bubble" this time (or any unusual light, for that matter; OTOH, my tv isn't that big, and I don't get too close to the screen).  I think this is part of Lynch's dreamscape-style, getting into our subconscious, as opposed to intricate clue-placement.  We watch, and in reflection, we get impressions of images or sounds that aren't actually there.  We create them in our own heads, and the artist will usually be fine with that.

Posted : 21/07/2017 2:15 pm
Posted by: Patrick Dunn

Whut?  Those things are there. Lots of people have seen them, screen grabbed 'em and made them into gifs.

If I could post attachments - which has stopped working for some of us - I could show you examples.  But I cant.  So I won't.  ☹️

Posted : 21/07/2017 6:09 pm
(@lynn_watson)

Maybe they indicate when *someone* else is present.  Kinda sliding around the walls & doors...  No idea who or what - but all the glitches that happen, rather than being discrete events, might just be an indicator that there's another presence at that place & time?

Posted : 21/07/2017 6:40 pm