Liner notes and questions episode 1
Awaiting the arrival of episode 3 upcoming Monday May 29th (the Netherlands is a bit behind) I also re-watched episode 3.01, and here's my remaining notes and questions. Sorry on behorehand if one or more of these points have been addressed already. In replies no blatant spoilers for 3.03 or 3.04 yet please
1. In the pregenerique we see a screaming girl running away. Are we in Twin Peaks (Laura's highschool) or Buckhorn (Bill Hastings school) here? Are these the Twin Peaks high school walls?
2. Why is an insurance guy visiting Twin Peaks? Is this a Lynch/Frost productions joke?
3. Who are the wheelchair boy and the strangelooking long youngster in Buella's place? Could there be a connection to the trailer park in FWWM?
4. Just before the 'gray/white creature' appears in the glass box we see 4 or 5 'light-ups' under the glass box. As if the appearance was generated from 'below', not from 'outside'.
5. When she first appears, the gray/white creature wears a golden marble?
6. What's the story with Hank - Harvey - Chip - Barney? Are we talking 'petty crime' here?
7. Why is Betty, Bill Hastings' secretary, so important?
8. "Something is missing', says Log Lady. 'Something is wrong', says One Armed Man in 3.02. This is all sounds like the stars are not aligned as they should...
9. What is in the box in Bill Hastings trunk; why do we not see it being opened?
10. Why does detective Dave say 'Wolf!' (there's Wolf/Fox knocker/sounder on Bill & Phyllis' door)?
And whatever happened to Ruth Davenport's left eye?
1. I'm fairly sure the screaming girl is from the pilot of the original series (it happens right before the teacher tells the class about LP's death);
2. Well, there was an insurance guy in season 1 as well. Why shouldn't an insurance guy be working in TP?
3. Not sure about them although, in another topic, I surmise that the whole bunch is somewhat resemblant of characters from the old seasons;
5. Yes, she seems to be... holding something golden, in her hands, although, even watching it frame-by-frame, I can't make out what;
6. & 7. Not sure yet;
9 & 10. I believe the important thing, there, is what they find under the box (piece of meat), not the box itself. The detective says "Woof!" which I interpreted as something along the lines of "Bingo!"
As for Ruth Devenport's eye, it seems to me that that is a bullet wound and, also, that Mr. C really really like to shoot people in the face. So, there's that.
Hope this was helpful 🙂
I have the fury of my own momentum
And indeed: both Ruth Davenport and Phyllis Hastings are shot in their left eye. So is Bill Hastings being framed (has he been taken to Ruth Davenport's apartment in his 'dream'(state) by Phyllis/BOB and Mr. C cooperating?) for what the Buckhorn police found in room 216?
Yes, that's pretty much my take on the whole thing (at least, up until now), so I'm assuming the piece of meat in the car was planted, most likely by Phillys.
As for #4... I'm not sure 🙂 I could elaborate on what I feel happened about the whole thing, but - in order to do that - I should somehow go into spoilers for 3.03
(on a personal note: I love Netherlands, and not just for the... most obvious, tourist-y reasons. It really is the best place I ever visited and, if at all possible, I try to spend there at least two or three weeks every year, camping in the Amsterdamse Bos which, to me, has a wonderful lynchian/lovecraftian/dreamy feeling)
I have the fury of my own momentum
I see Phyllis twice in that quick camera shake, so if anything, it's her doppelgänger leaving her and there is some interdimensional thing going on. But I doubt it's BOB. I think Mr. C would address BOB if he was there, instead of Phyllis.
This is the water and this is the well. Drink full and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Excuse me if this is a spoiler for you Chris, but Yeremy has -I think- already convinced the group with a close frame-by-frame look at Phyllis being shot that she was hosting BOB
I thought this was proof Phyllis was a tulpa. We don't see the BOB shimmer in Phyllis, like with Leiland, but it does look like a dark fog escapes, like with Dougie and tulpa Diane.
I assumed Ruth was also a tulpa, and since they were both shot in the eyes, that they were also versions of Naido/Diane/Janey-E.
Perhaps their "orbs" were Naido/Odian eyes, since in order to create a tupla, a piece of that person is required, like with Coop's hair.