The Future of Television Watching

Page 9 / 10 Prev Next
(@dobbshead)

Well it wouldn't be the first time my highest recommendations fell flat.  I have come to accept that.  I liked it because it made me think about how one regards themself and how a single identity can manifest in such wildly incoherent and seemingly incongruous ways.  I almost imagine the whole point of life, or at least where the most depth is available is in knowing thyself.  Front row seat, and the well is deeper than it appears.  Also, I really liked how I never had the spell broken and realized I was watching fiction, like they never pulled some super hokey bs or skipped over some improbable coincidence just to move the plot forward.  I put a premium on plausibility and realism.

We traded at least, I started Grimm at your positive comments.  It's easy, and I like it too.

Posted : 05/02/2018 8:43 pm Brandy Fisher liked
(@caemeron)

I'm writing about Black Mirror for 25 years later, if anyone is interested:  https://25yearslatersite.com/2018/02/12/black-mirror-the-national-anthem/

Posted : 12/02/2018 12:54 pm Jack Dean and Brandy Fisher liked
(@pred80r)
Posted by: Cæmeron Crain

Read, Agreed, Commented...that episode and the one where the Girl keeps getting hunted by people only with the twist at the end (not going to spoil) firmly cemented Black Mirror as a show that is using TV to make political and social statements on where technology is taking us.

Don't forget, eating from the tree of knowledge was the first sin...

Jack

Posted : 12/02/2018 3:04 pm Brandy Fisher liked
(@b-randy)
Chief Moderator
Posted by: Cæmeron Crain

Awesome!  Looking forward to more!

Posted : 12/02/2018 5:10 pm Jack Dean liked
(@caemeron)

Danke schoen

Posted : 12/02/2018 7:28 pm
(@caemeron)
Posted by: Brandy Fisher
Posted by: Cæmeron Crain

Awesome!  Looking forward to more!

Second one is up. Should be every Monday unless life gets in the way.

Posted : 19/02/2018 3:39 pm
(@pred80r)

Second one is up. Should be every Monday unless life gets in the way.

I really like your writing style, fairly in depth analysis with just a touch of personal commentary and bias.  As it should be, because everyone assesses and comprehends things differently.  To try and write about artistic endeavors without introducing ones personal experiences would be a complete failure in my biased opinion.

Keep up the good work!

Posted : 19/02/2018 10:05 pm
(@caemeron)

Thanks!

I agree - you can't take yourself out of the equation...

Posted : 19/02/2018 11:08 pm
(@cods69)
Posted by: Brandy Fisher

Is anyone else watching "Dark" on Netflix?

I just finished watching this.  What a great show, excellent acting and a pretty good story.

I can't help but feel there are so many homages to Lynch/TP, such as:

• Flyover shots of forest and power lines
  • Sound engineering was VERY good.
  • Quotes from 'future', 'past', etc. and many more I noted during watching.

A very good series best watched in German with subs (I found the English dub terrible).

Posted : 28/02/2018 9:22 pm Brandy Fisher liked
(@luciovsspy)

Realmente en lo que más me llama la atención en mi nueva visión de de las series del momento después de haber visto Twin Peaks es el ritmo y la velocidad de estas. Hace poco vi DARK y solo necesita 2 minutos o 10 del primer capítulo para que me maree y la vea tonta y absurda.

Really in what most strikes me in my new vision of the series of the moment after having seen Twin Peaks is the pace and veil of these. I recently saw DARK and I only need 2 minutes or 10 of the first chapter to make me dizzy and silly and absurd.

Posted : 01/03/2018 9:50 am
(@pred80r)
Posted by: Scott Gowans
Posted by: Brandy Fisher

Is anyone else watching "Dark" on Netflix?

I can't help but feel there are so many homages to Lynch/TP, such as:

• Flyover shots of forest and power lines
  • Sound engineering was VERY good.
  • Quotes from 'future', 'past', etc. and many more I noted during watching.

And this is why I stopped watching it!

Will see if I can find in german with english subtitles...reading english is so much more acceptable then bad overdubs, unless it is kung fu of course!

Posted : 01/03/2018 4:51 pm
(@cods69)
Posted by: Jack Dean
Posted by: Scott Gowans
Posted by: Brandy Fisher

Is anyone else watching "Dark" on Netflix?

I can't help but feel there are so many homages to Lynch/TP, such as:

• Flyover shots of forest and power lines
  • Sound engineering was VERY good.
  • Quotes from 'future', 'past', etc. and many more I noted during watching.

And this is why I stopped watching it!

I don't blame you as the dub was really bad.

Get on to it though, as I hear the creators are TP fans and a 2nd series is in the works.

IMHO Dark is much better than Stranger Things, which I found a bit cheesy after TPS3.

Posted : 01/03/2018 8:17 pm
(@teo-peaks)

I'm having difficulties watching the original Twin Peaks actually.

Posted : 01/03/2018 8:19 pm
(@b-randy)
Chief Moderator
Posted by: Teo Peaks

I'm having difficulties watching the original Twin Peaks actually.

Why is that?

Posted : 02/03/2018 1:54 pm
(@peter_stevenson)

You could try French show called "the returned" had a really eerie story to tell and a quality soundtrack by Scottish post rock band "mogwai"  not to be confused with the American remake which got cancelled on season one due to ratings . Genuinely good telly....

Posted : 03/03/2018 2:51 pm